dual, tripple, and quad rate? which one fits

peterlocal22

whats up everyone. Im looking to get some new shocks but ive been hearing different things. now i know dual rate from elka work on abanshee. i m pretty sure you can get tripple rate for a banshee but everyone says its not worth is because you only gain an inch from the long travel. everyone says its not worth it because the geometry of the fame. now what about quad rate? some people elka makes it for banshees and some peolpe say they dont. can someone help me and let me know if they make tripple or quad rate for the banshee? thanks

Best bet is to go to the manufacturers web site and read up on the shocks offered

LOTS of info to help you make a choice

I got dual rate works on the front now. They were awesome on my stock a-arm set up, compared to stock shocks that is. But I just changed to +2 LoneStar's, and Im bottoming out like a mother.

I need a new setup quick.

Im goin with TCS. Although FOX is making some serious steps in the suspension market....anyone considering those?

i've had fox air shox in the past, on our mountain bikes .... they're a high dollar peice of shit! sure if ya want a shock that is constantly needing adjusted and tinkered with then FOX is the shock that comes with a built in headache! i run the works triple rate's but there is 4 guys that ride shee's in our group and theyre runnin double rate shocks... works and elka's i think the elka are a plusher ride than the works, but then i think the elka are da bomb!!!!

Edited by Wicked98Shee

• 1 month later...

if your old shocks were setup for stock arms all you need to do is have them revalved for longer arms.

They don't suck because they are dual rate, tripple rate just adds an extra spring that will compress almost all the way when you sit on the bike, the dual rate springs will not compress as much, hence why you get more travel. Some people like self sagging shocks, typicaly or MX to help steering I believe.

The banshee is not much of an MX quad to begin with so your better off geting dual rates on the banshee with +2 +1 arms.

Im not sure what the hell the point of Quad rate shoocks would be, I don't think there would be any benefit from that at all. you would jsut have more springs thats it. As a spring compresses it's resistance increases, the idea is to get a nice smooth dampening, with 4 springs they would not be very long and it would likely just make things worse!

Edited by Justintoxicated

I got dual rate works on the front now.  They were awesome on my stock a-arm set up, compared to stock shocks that is.  But I just changed to +2 LoneStar's, and Im bottoming out like a mother.

I need a new setup quick.

Im goin with TCS.  Although FOX is making some serious steps in the suspension market....anyone considering those?

469450[/snapback]

A quick and cheap fix to your problem (although not ideal) is a new spring kit for your works shocks. We sell them for $250. and the springs are red and black to match your bike a little better.

We are a TCS, Elka, Works and Ohlins dealer. If we can help you out on a new set of shock let us know.

Shane

Peterlocal22 I have yet to get my Janssen +3 +1 LT Outlaw A-arms and Elka Dune editon shock's, I think that the front shock's are triple rate spring's, I did get them with Reb and Comp adjustment... :D

The reason I have not recived them is I'm waiting to for Janssen to make the A-arm's and +2 Outlaw swing arm.

They should be in about 2 week's can't wait :headbang:

I'll have to post a product review after I get the kit installed, If I remember the whole kit A-arm's, Steel braided brake line's, Swing arm, F&R Elka shock's, Axle housing and extended ax cost around 3,800.00 to 3,900.00... :wacko:

Yea it seemed high priced, but I said the HELL with buying a new quad, and decided to trick out the Shee... :evil:

I have never had any good luck w/ 4 :yank: 's, it's like I alway's blow the motor's up once or twice a year, so I figured that it's cheeper for me to stay with the Shee for I never have blowing up a 2- :yank: motor in my 18 year's of riding them... :notworthy:

Even when I road raced my 91 GSX-R 600 I blew the head gasket 2 to 3 times a race season... :angry:...

So long live the 2- :yank: ...

Olie