fuel?

no fear zac

Since nitromethane carries alot of this own oxygen to burn. It needs less oxygen than gas. Where gas needs a ratio of 15 to 1, nitromethane only needs 1.7 to 1.

You can get 8 times more nitro and air in the same cylinder than gas, but you don't get 8 times the power. That's because nitro is not a dense as gas in terms of energy. It's closer to 2.5 times more power.

In theory if you run pure nitro you will need to have 8.8 times bigger jetting than for gas. But 20 percent nitro is more commonly used. At 20 percent you will need to jet 1.2 times bigger.

The down side to nitro is, it's very expensive. I think pure nitromethane goes for about 200 dollars a gallon. I think 20 percent mix will run around 20 dollars a gallon. It's also burns slower than gas, so expect alot of it to burn in your exhaust pipes. So your pipes will run hotter. I'm not sure what that heat will do to the packing in your silencers either. I would think you would need an exhaust tuned just for nitro also, since the gases burning in your expansion chambers would surely mess with their harmonics. Nitro exhaust flumes are also toxic, so you will need to wear some kind or resporator.

Edited by cutiegirlracing

Unless you have 3 or four spare engines and lots of unwanted money dont go there. We tried it back in 1989 the first engine ran away with itself. After building a complex shutdown system, we were able to control that. Plan on a rebuild after every two runs. Lots of fun to play with, if you want to waist all your time and $$$