The TruthAbout Lightened Flywheel!

aguita

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard stories about people lightening their flywheels and they granade on them. I have never seen it but heard that from several people. Once you lighten your flywheel you are going to take away from that rotating mass that gives you torque off the line. If you don't weigh very much you might be alright but if you are a heavy rider it might hurt you more than help.

Lightened flywheels are beneficial anytime you are on the gas. Off the gas, your flywheel will transfer it's momentum to your crank. The less the flywheel weighs the faster your motor will drop in rpm when off the throttle. Though the lighter it is the faster it will build the rpm. Remember that rotational mass takes energy to build and to maintain. That means less power to the back wheels, on the throttle. ;)

I am planning on doing it myself, has anyone used the guys on ebay that you send yours to them and they lighten it. They have good feedback just curios if anyone has used them.

451237[/snapback]

it an awesome mod IMO ,heres a link to my auction on lightening them up :bolt::cheers:

my mods auction

I had a lightened one on my 87 and didn't like how it handled with my fat ass on there. It was fine once it was in the powerband, but as soon as it would fall out of it I was done for. I have found that I prefer a heavier one for my fat ass riding anywhere. I didn't really notice too much of a diff between the two either.

I had a lightened one on my 87 and didn't like how it handled with my fat ass on there.  It was fine once it was in the powerband, but as soon as it would fall out of it I was done for.  I have found that I prefer a heavier one for my fat ass riding anywhere.  I didn't really notice too much of a diff between the two either.

451309[/snapback]

I agree 100% !!

I had a lightened one on my 87 and didn't like how it handled with my fat ass on there.  It was fine once it was in the powerband, but as soon as it would fall out of it I was done for.  I have found that I prefer a heavier one for my fat ass riding anywhere.  I didn't really notice too much of a diff between the two either.

451309[/snapback]

I guess I won't be getting one :lol:

I had mine done by boonman and he had the best service around. I sent him my parts and he had them back so fast. I liked how fast my shee spooled up, I got into the RPM band really fast, and I think that was the edge that I needed to kick my brother's ass on his 660 craptor. I also had boony do my shift star, and I keep hitting neutral in my shifts, but I think that the problem is the rider and not the mod. I like being able to shift into nuetral when the bike is running. I sit too far forward and when I shift I don't think that my foot comes all the way up at times to hit the next gear and I miss it. But this has nothing to do with Boony, it has more to do with my lame ass not being able to shift right,the mods are awsome, and totally worth the money in my opinion......