messed with a good thing

Hairfarmer

I need some help, i've had my shee for five years now, just got enough money to mess with it, so i put T5 pipes, bored .30 over...after sinking it in a pond, reed spacers, K&n air filter, moose carb tops. Now that i have it all done i can't get a good throttle response, it idles just fine, got my air screw set two out. But it bogs really bad before it hits powerband....help

thanks

Well, you did buy a high rev pipe, not a low end or midrange pipe....you might be able to get some of the low end back by raising the needles like reded suggested. Try the 4th clip from the blunt end, if that helps then try the 5th clip....it'll either like it or hate it....2 turns out on the air screw is alot. Is that what your shee likes?? Have you tried .5 turn out on the air screws? What size are your mains??

I have to agree on the air screws, two turns does sound like a bit much. I would try going with about 1 turn. If it improves go to a half, and if it likes it better at a half, I would personally go up one size on the pilot and go back to 1.5-2 turns. It also sounds like your main jetting could be a little lean. What air temp and elevation are you at? Do a WOT plug check to determine if your main jet is on, you should be aiming for a light chocolate milk color. Then, once you have the main jet set, adjust your needles accordingly to clean up any midrange issues you may have.

MY mains are 290 at low elevation needles are set on three.

hair

450859[/snapback]

Try putting the clip on 4th from the blunt end......trial and error..and like 03LB said, your mains may be a little lean. Do a wot run and check the mains..

I'm sitting at about 1250 and it usually about 40 to 50 when we ride. Although we are gonna be going to Waynoka in march and i'm not sure of the elevation there.  Thanks for all the help.

Hair :cheers:

451690[/snapback]

Little Sahara is right around that elevation, so it shouldent effect your jetting. What size main and pilot jets do you have in the bike now? Also, what have you done to the airbox (snorkel off, lid off, clamp on filters)?

i'm running 290 mains, not sure what my pilots are, i'll have to tear into it and look. the air box is stock for now would like to make some changes

hair :cheers:

451702[/snapback]

Cut the last 1.5" off the end of the lid right behind the clips...so you still have all four clips. This will give the shee all it needs for air, even w/ a stroker...the full lid will hold you back even on throttle response.

I"m gonna try cutting the lid, i found another one in case i don't like it, thanks for the suggestions. It's alot of help. I live with two guys that run polaris...they could give a shit less if mine isn't running it's best, means they have a slight chance at beating me. Which still hasn't happened.

hair :cheers: