+3 swingarm & cub motor

drake

The longer swingarms are harder to ride wheelies on. I have a 4 over with my 421 and it's considered small, but I ride in the sand with paddles, so I hook up really well. Dunno what it would be like riding in fields and dirt roads, just depends on how good the rear tires grab. Rocketboy's got a stock stroke cub with a stock length swingarm. Might wanna PM him and ask him what he thinks about his setup.

, just depends on how good the rear tires grab.  Rocketboy's got a stock stroke cub with a stock length swingarm.  Might wanna PM him and ask him what he thinks about his setup.

448417[/snapback]

+4mm is the minimum length on any cub engine IMO . mine is getting swapped out for a +4" stainless steel extended swinger very soon :dance: and if your into strictly dragging :bolt: then +8 or more would probably be even better

Sounds fine to my I wanna do a Cub and keep my +2 swing arm. Course I don't do much Dragging and like to wheelie around bowls in the dunes every opertunity that comes up. I also liek the wheelie up hills like Olds and Pattons while I'm running them.

Anyone can go up a hill fast but not everying can ride up the hill fast doing a wheelie, especialy not on a Banshee heh.

But yea if your goign to drag race a longer swingarm is a must, but don't expenct it to handle as well when not dragging in a straight line.

I never really rode another cub, mine has alot of extensive porting (358ccversion )and i can say utilizing the stock swinger on one is downright freightening and makes the rider have to let off or loop-outs are inevitable ,i have to lean way over the bars to barely stay planted. it is hard and tireing to ride like this and realisticly mine spends most of its time o n one back wheel .. if your into wheelys the cub is not for you , the wheelys the cub produces arent the managable 400ex type wheelys you may be accustomed to ,you hear the rpms build fast ,the tone of the exhaust deepens ,it comes on the pipe ...the next thing you know ,your watching your bike cruising 30 feet in front of you ,while your on the ground brushing off your ass .cubs are drag motors

a lot of it goes to gearing too. If you are geared low, it will tend to pull the front up more. If you are tall, you could get away with a shorter swingarm and not much wheelie. Also have to think about wheel spin, traction, gearing, speed, etc. I rode a stock stroke cub that had a +4 swinger and it would pull the front up a little bit even in 3rd and 4th gear with 14x39 gearing and 22" paddles.

My bike with just the mods in my sig will wheelie a lot if I let it. Even in 4th gear 14x40 gearing if I give it a little tug and some gas, I can pull it up. It's not easy, but I can get it up. In 1st 2nd and 3rd it will come up without any tugging at all, just a slip of the clutch and some gas.... It depends on traction though. on a gravel road, it will just spin like a mofo, if I am on the hay fields just after we irrigate them and the ground is soft, it will grab like crazy.

Depends on a lot of stuff.

My stock stroke cub was a more than a handful with the stock swinger. I wouldnt recommend it for nobody. In sand i would get out run by alot slower bikes b/c all i could do is wheely. I went with a +4 and its just about right, I can keep it down if i want and wheely if i want.

Stick with the stocker if your not into dragging, even with the stock swingarm my bike has a hard time finding traction out in the desert. In the dunes I just went with a 7 paddle instead of a 10. Besides I like spotting people 5-10 bike lengths, makes it a little fairer

Edited by Pest

i think in a field and dirt you can get away with running less than a +4 swinger..but if u plan on draggin it be prepared to land on ur ass..my 4mm cub with my hillclimb tires on dirt hooks really hard and in really tacky dirt will pull the front end right off the ground.