Brake Problem!

aguita

for some reason when front brakes are cold u can move the wheels freely.but when i use the brakes for maybe 1 or 2 not hard stops the lever gets REALLY high and the brakes like lock up..this doesnt happen when they are cold..also u can smell the front brake pad like burning and the caliper get HELLA hot ..its like sticking for some reason? what could cause this??pads arent new..should i bleed them?

for some reason when front brakes are cold u can move the wheels freely.but when i use the brakes for maybe 1 or 2 not hard stops the lever gets REALLY high and the brakes like lock up..this doesnt happen when they are cold..also u can smell the front brake pad like burning and the caliper get HELLA hot ..its like sticking for some reason? what could cause this??pads arent new..should i bleed them?

447619[/snapback]

You said pads are not new right. I would check them and make sure there is still pads left and that its not grinding metal. That could be making it hot if your brakes are so worn.

I had a similar problem, and ended up flipping my shee, and totaling the frame and breaking my right collar bone. It sucked. What I found was, the top seal, in the front left caliper, was torn loose about half way around, and got up between the piston and the caliper, causing the piston to bind and not move back at all. With each additional brake lever pull, it pushed the pads closer to the rotor, until it got to the point, that they were riding against the rotor all the time. Used the brakes one more time, and just barely touched the brake lever, and bam flipped it. I would take the calipers apart, and rebuild them if necessary. While you're at it, change the brake fluid. Just my .02.