Passion ports?

biggun6ss

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not trying to get in on this spat, but planet sand is usually a dick measuring contest site between builders ,it is a celebrity contest for its sponsors and friends. if a good shop is busy building engines and setting up machines ,they shouldnt really have time to surf and play on the net all day long IMO,they have more important matters at hand . i port engines and i see all the time when people will run a built machine ,have poor results and immediatly blame the porter ,people often forget a 2 stroke is like a jigsaw puzzle ,all the pieces have to fit together to make it work correctly. it takes some leg work to have a fast properly jetted machine and sometimes alot of experimenting ,what works on somebodys bike may not work for you or vice versa .

Edited by rocketboy

. As for you bkabina"s dad You have never seen my bike run so it is pretty brave of you to say I will lose my title.. Because I have seen yours run and that is why I  said what I did:dance:

446110[/snapback]

your right i may never of seen your bike run,saying you'll loose your title is not so much bravery as it is confidence.as for seeing my bike run ,no you have'nt really seen it run,you may of seen a vid of me playing and having fun.the only way you will see my bike run for sure is when you are actually lined up beside me at the starting line.i don't care who built your motor or anyone else's.you pull up beside me with stock cylinders ported by anyone who ports and a stock stroke running gas and i guarentee you will not beat me when i'm running my toomey motor.if you have stock cylinders ported and a 4 or 7 mil on gas you better pull a hell of a good holeshot on me or you'll get beat.i have'nt ran against any cubs yet ,but i'm still not afraid of racing against them.the way it looks i will have maybe 3 cub motors to run against when season starts and all i can say is they beter be well tuned .you think maybe we could see some dyno results on some of these F.A.S.T built motors.both the cubs and stock cylinder motors.?maybe i missed them but i don't recall seeing any.

your right i may never of seen your bike run,saying you'll loose your title is not so much bravery as it is confidence.as for seeing my bike run ,no you have'nt really seen it run,you may of seen a vid of me playing and having fun.the only way you will see my bike run for sure is when you are actually lined up beside me at the starting line.i don't care who built your motor or anyone else's.you pull up beside me with stock cylinders ported by anyone who ports and a stock stroke running gas and i guarentee you will not beat me when i'm running my toomey motor.if you have stock cylinders ported and a 4 or 7 mil on gas you better pull a hell of a good holeshot on me or you'll get beat.i have'nt ran against any cubs yet ,but i'm still not afraid of racing against them.the way it looks i will have maybe 3 cub motors to run against when season starts and all i can say is they beter be well tuned .you think maybe we could see some dyno results on some of these F.A.S.T built motors.both the cubs and stock cylinder motors.?maybe i missed them but i don't recall seeing any.

447065[/snapback]

honestly if ur and b's motors run that well you should take them to the planetsand drags. if they run as well as u say they do then u guys should win some big money. and if u do, maybe everyone out there will start runnin passion motors. until u guys go out and run against ssr, packard, a and s and the other big guys i dont think u should be claiming "you pull up beside me with stock cylinders ported by anyone who ports and a stock stroke running gas and i guarentee you will not beat me when i'm running my toomey motor". thats a pretty bold statement to make. id be willing to bet that your bike will not run with ssr's 350 that ran a 3.77..i think its time for u guys to start runnin some big names because all ive seen so far is a few videos of u guys racin at some track against who knows who..

I didnt see a need to take my FAST motor and have it dynoed, It was easy to tune, runs very hard and i can tell by racing it against people I use to race with passion motor my new setup is not even close to my old setup.. You guys ever gonna come to the H.Q. ride??? I would pay for your gas if you beat me in a drag race!!! I am not rying to start alot of shit but you guys push them passion motors like they are something special, matter fact thats why I got mine, I just hate to see anyone else buy a so called drag motor and have the problem me and alot of other people have had with them. Maybe you got lucky and got a good one but I personally know several people that had them and didnt like them...

Whats the difference between you guys pushing FAST motors all the time?None realy.What we do is no different than what you guys do.I would love to go to the HQ ride and hang out with everyone,and race.Maybe one day I will make it out there.

I always here about how well you guys motors run but you never go race at the planet sand drags either.And as far as the coment about Buddy's 350 running 3.77,if you put that motor in a stock chassis or a LS chassis I'll bet it wouln't come close to those times.Chassis set-up plays a huge part in the racing.

You all get pretty pissed when someone says anything about a Passion motor.Then we need to post dyno charts or go out West to race some of the big name builders,and so on.I just think it's a bunch of bullshit that yous can say your shit is better than everyone elses, then throw a fit when someone says something about another builder.

Loco you and your brother said you are better than everyone else and have enough money to do whatever you want so why don't you load up all your buddies and come to us if you want to race us so bad?I'm not saying your not better than all of us or don't have enough money to do anything you want,but if thats the case load up and come over,we will race.

I also wanted to know something else,why do you push FAST stuff but you call the guy a flake and other names?I'm sure noone else calls there favorite builder ignorant names like that.

Loco dont have a FAST motor, or atleast I dont think he does... But I have raced SSR motors with my FAST setup. It runs very well against any stock frame 4 to 10 mill bikes.. I am not here to say my bike will run better than anyone elses but I am sure it will do alot better than most.. After thinking about the whole dyno sheet comment I made I take that back also because anyone can correct a dyno sheet to make it say just about whatever they want. on my 73 h.p. passion motor they could correct it to make it have 89 h.p. so I guess the only true way to solve this question of who is faster we should just line em up.. not trying to pick at you bkabina just wondering why you have the only fast passion motor out there in my opinion.. :confused:

Whats the difference  between you guys pushing FAST motors all the time?None realy.What we do is no different than what you guys do.I would love to go to the HQ ride and hang out with everyone,and race.Maybe one day I will make it out there.

FAST bikes have been recognized tho. he hada pretty good size article in a sand sports magazine if im not mistaken.

I always here about how well you guys motors run but you never go race at the planet sand drags either.

no one claimed that thier stock stroke on gas cannot be beaten like your dad did..im not even gonna try and race against the drag guys. my bike is not setup like that nor would i claim it to be. id need a different frame, tires, swingarm, and everything else to really be competetive.

And as far as the coment about Buddy's 350 running 3.77,if you put that motor in a stock chassis or a LS chassis I'll bet it wouln't come close to those times.Chassis set-up plays a huge part in the racing.

i bet itd run pretty damn good. id be willing to bet that a passion motor in that frame wouldnt run a 3.77

You all get pretty pissed when someone says anything about a Passion motor.Then we need to post dyno charts or go out West to race some of the big name builders,and so on.I just think it's a bunch of bullshit that yous can say your shit is better than everyone elses, then throw a fit when someone says something about another builder.

well you guys to claim that the passion motor will beat most bikes and your dad pretty much said his bike is unbeatable. pretty bold statement if u ask me. passion motors have won NO big races therefore ppl are skeptical. simple as that. no one questions the big guys because they have won races.

Loco you and your brother said you are better than everyone else and have enough money to do whatever you want so why don't you load up all your buddies and come to us if you want to race us so bad?I'm not saying your not better than all of us or don't have enough money to do anything you want,but if thats the case load up and come over,we will race.

im not claiming to bethe fastest. there are a bunch of members here that STOMPED my bike at HQ ride..no big deal, i got beat. im not big into drag racing. ifi was, i wouldnt have allthe heavy ass parts on my bike like i do. heavy shocks, a arms, swingarm etc..thats not an excuse, but if i was gonna drag race seriously id be goin all lightweight. i cant do that at the hillclimbs and if i did my bike would not last long with the jumps and shit we have. i have no desire to race you. nonewhatsoever as i am confident your bike WILL beat mine...just as i am confident if you were to come try and hillclimb, i would beat you. 2 differently setup bikes for 2 totally different types of racing. if we meet up at LS cool, but i dont make special trips just to drag race..

I also wanted to know something else,why do you push FAST stuff but you call the guy a flake and other names?I'm sure noone else calls there favorite builder ignorant names like that.

447112[/snapback]

i had a problem with jeff when i heard that he didnt go all out on the drag motor he built my brother. me and stephen were both underthe impression that it was a full blown drag motor. i talked to jeff a long time ago and it was a misunderstanding. we got things straight and its no bigdeal now. i push jeff because his customer service is next to noneand his prices are very reasonable for the shipping time and help you get if u need it. his motors run hard, no doubt about that. and i didnt say he was my favorite builder did i? in fact hes never done a motor for me. doesnt mean i wouldnt let him, id just make sure we understood what i wanted.

i dont wanna get into it with you, id just like to see you and your dads bike run at a big race with some big name dudes..thats all..

Chill out guys, no need for a cyber pissing match here. Ill be the first to admit that there is a ton of stiff competition out there. Fast. SSR, RDZ, Kurtz, etc. all build fast engines and the competition just gets tougher every year. Everyone has a choice and ultimately, they will make it.

Kabina's motor was a personal project motor of mine and it's original design was governed by the fact that there were a few additions found in most drag motors that I was not willing to give on for reasons of affordability and reliability. In the end, affordability was thrown out the window but reliability wasn't.

As far as being the fastest 4mm stock cylinder engine available, I doubt it, as far as being faster than engines it shouldn't be...definitely. I give this credit to Kabina himself. He listens to my every word, acts on it, and is honestly just relentless in his efforts to squeeze every ounce of power that is available.

His efforts have allowed me to wade through many of the thoughts of conventional 2-stroke wisdom and disregard a lot of information floating around in the theory of performance design.

Comparing his motor to other 12 ports I have built is a waste of time and oxygen. Not only is the motor itself one of a kind, without his efforts, it wouldn't run as it does.

Needless to say his 06' motor will require the same efforts as the X3 did, and I can wait for the outcome. His partnership and results have sent me more work than you can even imagine....Jim

I think for the most part, all of the posturing and defending is cool. If someone trashed my builder, I'd be sticking up for him too. It says alot about the confidence people have in their motors and relationships with their builders.

There are several people that have great experience with Jim at Passion, so he must be capable of delivering a good product. Same goes with Jeff @ FAST.

And Rocketboy, I think you hit the nail on the head about the jigsaw puzzle.