Honda CR 500 question

8buck

An out of frame drag pipe will give you the best top end.  Ask loco about what pipe for that engine.

442734[/snapback]

no way would i put an outframe pipe on a bike. if u had to lay it over ud tear it all up. best bet would be to have someone build a pipe for the porting it has if any at all. but you will be limited with it bein a bike and all..

would any pipe enhance the handling. an out of frame would just get messed up really bad if you dropped the bike on the side the pipe was coming out of. your friend might be better off getting an all around pipe since he wants more power on bottom and top

442807[/snapback]

He's not looking for ONE pipe that has both top and bottom power, I think he's just looking for the best pipe to hill shoot the dunes and the best pipe for desert cross style riding. He has the FMF Gnarly on it now and wanted to see if you guys agreed it was a bottom end pipe.

Edited by 8buck

but you will be limited with it bein a bike and all..

Dont think you'll be too limited, I know of several CR 500's making mid to high 80's with Pro-Circuit and FMF pipes. The individual who ports it has more to do with how much power it makes than any pipe ever could.

Dont think you'll be too limited, I know of several CR 500's making mid to high 80's with Pro-Circuit and FMF pipes. The individual who ports it has more to do with how much power it makes than any pipe ever could.

442985[/snapback]

i was actually talking about someone building a pipe for it to match porting not how many pipes areavailable for it.. i dont know if anyone has even built one for a 500 before to match porting?? just wondering cuz thats what a lot of the guys on PS do when they have some monsterous 16mm cheetah motor :whoa: id still say that off the shelf PC is way to go.