Best Drag Pipes

420_Big_Bore

i would say go with the grr's or shearers.i have run cpi's ,shearers and grr's.i love the grr's ,they pull harder on bottom than the shearers but the shearers pull a little more on top.grr's deffinately out perform cpi's all around.rdz's were the same as shearers but not sure about rdz's new pipes.we run drags with guys who run cpi's,power pro and a few other brands and when a few of them seen the grr's perform they switched to shearers.alot depends on your motor setup and jetting when it comes to pipes.talk to andy at grand river about his 420 suicide pipes.

• Like 1

i would say go with the grr's or shearers.i have run cpi's ,shearers and grr's.i love the grr's ,they pull harder on bottom than the shearers but the shearers pull a little more on top.grr's deffinately out perform cpi's all around.rdz's were the same as shearers but not sure about rdz's new pipes.we run drags with guys who run cpi's,power pro and a few other brands and when a few of them seen the grr's perform they switched to shearers.alot depends on your motor setup and jetting when it comes to pipes.talk to andy at grand river about his 420 suicide pipes.

441315[/snapback]

ggr 0r shearers do not out perform CPI pipes......

If you are going to make a bold statement like that, you should back it up with a dyno graft.

Now having said that, I must say that I do not like the ( power pro ) pipes either.

Also, I know a guy who has shearer pipes and he is switching to CPI. He's not on this site. However he is on PS and his screen name is" RDZ350"...

He would not be switching to CPI pipes if he thought the shearers were better....

like i said alot depends on your set up.there is no perfect pipe that will work on every motor you put them on!!as for dyno's they may measure hp and torque but they don't show actual performance on the track.i have ran shearer in frames ,shearer out of frame,grand river,wicked and cpi's.the cpi's performed THE WORSE FOR ME.the shearers pulled great from bottom thru the top.the wicked pipes pulled great but did'nt have the topend that grr and shearer have.the grr's work the best of any pipe i tried so far with my motor setup.you must keep the shearers in the power more than grr's.i don't have a dyno graph but i can truthfully say grr's and shearers will show better results than cpi's.i have seen numerous dyno results.ask the guys over at ps and i bet 90 percent will say shearer all the way.

Maybe I can help(on PS:350RDZ).I was using shearer inframes.At a race in Louisiana I got beat by a banshee that had Toomey T-5's.Upset?Yeah,a little.It's SOOOOO much more than just about pipes.It is important to talk to whoever done your motor to see what they suggest.If they have done alot of motors,surely they have experimented with different pipes.Whether it's shearer,grr,cpi,or whatever you use,there's more to winning races than just a set of pipes.I'm trying the CPI's because I found a good deal on them and the guy that's going to be doing a drag porting on my banshee really likes them.Might some pipes outperform others?Sure,but compare that maybe 5 extra hp. to having a bike set-up right for a track and that extra 5 hp will seem useless very quickly.Talk to who done your motorwork and see what they suggest.There's my 2 cents or is that a whole dollar?LOL!

i`ve run grr, shearer, and cpi. the grr pipes on my grr motor ran better times on asphalt than the other 2, fuck dynos. call 1616 642 6186, andy will build a set of pipes specifically for your displacement and porting.cpi will sell you a generic pipe for small bore or big bore.my cpi pipes cracked constantly at the hangers. cpi fixed them 1 time. 2 month wait to get them back.

I have run racers edge, cpi, shearer big bores, and shearer small bores......

the big bore out frame shearers put down better times on my 4 mil big cheetah

but on the 7 mil cub the racers edge pipes put down better times.....

cpi pipes didn't do well at all on my bike.....but then again my buddy has cpi small bores on his 4 mil stock cylinder bike and couldn't be happier......

Edited by bigscary