I finally decided I am getting some cubs

7mm will make more power

but you will have to trench your cases i think they call it.

you will have to talk to a builder about setup adn stuff

437977[/snapback]

I believe anything over 4mm you have to trench the cases. If he goses 7mm he's gun-a wish he went 10mm. It ain't that much more. Money wize. It's the torque.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of us are guilty of always wanting more power. With the 7 and 10 mill cranks close in price if not the same price you might as well do the 10. Cases are going to have to be trenched with either a 7 or a 10. Only difference in the price is the 7-10 mill cranks are about double the 4 mill and the cost of having your cases trenched. When it's all said and done you won't be saying to yourself I wish I would of done the 10. Just my .02

The 7 and the 10mil will cost the same price either way. I looked at those options as well before I built my 4 mil. Of course this little voice in my head keeps saying do a 10mil :huh: though I'm really unsure if it would be a good "all around" motor. It comes to a point where the motor is more focused on one thing than being a versatile performer. A 10mil I would say to use it's power would need an 8 over swingarm minimum . That will surely limit your rideability in different terrains. Just something to think about.

The 7 and the 10mil will cost the same price either way. I looked at those options as well before I built my 4 mil. Of course this little voice in my head keeps saying do a 10mil  :huh: though I'm really unsure if it would be a good "all around" motor. It comes to a point where the motor is more focused on one thing than being a versatile performer. A 10mil I would say to use it's power would need an 8 over swingarm minimum . That will surely limit your rideability in different terrains. Just something to think about.

438485[/snapback]

Thats true. I have a lonestar +6 right now and don't really want to go bigger than that. But if I went with a 7mm or 10mm would I still be able to dune ride? I am a pretty heavy guy though and I dont think the swing arm length would be much of an issue.

Hey did i mention I know an ol boy that has some Cubs for sale. Cmon down to BR549 and we fix ya right up!!!! jk LOL :jesterlaugh:

Sorry if i offended you Odean but i did give him some feedback and was just giving him an alternative place to look for Cubs!

I didnt feel i was forcing anything down his throat or making him sign on the line! But hey........ Im sure more people know NOW that we have CUBS!!!

Thats true. I have a lonestar +6 right now and don't really want to go bigger than that. But if I went with a 7mm or 10mm would I still be able to dune ride? I am a pretty heavy guy though and I dont think the swing arm length would be much of an issue.

438528[/snapback]

Sure you could dune ride it. It's kind of like hunting mice with lions, but hey you can do it. It may be a little harder to control the power band with a +6 swinger, but you'll learn quick or you'll be buying a skid plate for your back.

7s and 10s are definetly dunable , people do it all the time but it may be overkill for some riders. As others have said you would prolly want to run more swingarm or less tire to control it. The stokers make awesome torque and are kinda fun in the trails to grunt around on. In my opionion , if your building a 7 or a 10 stroker, your building it to go fast .

From what RNBRAD was saying.  Can it be a all around motor.  I'm looking to do the same thing whether its  a 7 or 10. Jeff can u chime in on this question also?  I would like to know that myself or any one else that might have some info on it.

438651[/snapback]

I got a 7mil cub with a +6 swinger (almost too short). Great all-around bike for me, but opinions differ. I ride lots of trails, steep and rocky shiat, but I don't go balls out. Only place I really rip 'er up is on the sand. If a guy has the means, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 7 or even the 10mil cub. Pleanty of good, usable torque (for a banshee :rolleyes: ) and shee really hits on the top-end. Lose some traction and turnability with the + swing, but hey.... can't have the best of everything now can we? :D Life's one big compromise.

:cheers:

I got a 7mil cub with a +6 swinger (almost too short).  Great all-around bike for me, but opinions differ.  I ride lots of trails, steep and rocky shiat, but I don't go balls out.  Only place I really rip 'er up is on the sand.  If a guy has the means, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 7 or even the 10mil cub.  Pleanty of good, usable torque (for a banshee  :rolleyes: ) and shee really hits on the top-end.  Lose some traction and turnability with the + swing, but hey.... can't have the best of everything now can we?  :D  Life's one big compromise.

:cheers:

438695[/snapback]

That is exactly what i was thinking. I'm a big guy too so that is exactly what I am looking for. What about a 7 on stock cylinders.

fuck it im gonna build a 27mm... :whoa:

438699[/snapback]

Smart Ass :D

That is exactly what i was thinking.  I'm a big guy too so that is exactly what I am looking for.  What about a 7 on stock cylinders.

438698[/snapback]

Dunno 'bout stock cylinders.... only had the cubs with this 7mil. Depends on how ya got 'em ported I guess, but either way -- more stroke will generally give ya more torque. And torque is what get ya into the horsepower. B)