Changing Coolant...

Bigvincent

I just got a bottle of enging ice and I was wondering if I should change before I install my new head, or doesn't it matter? Also, how do I do this coolant swap, do I need to mix the ice w/ water? One more question, what is involved w/ the new head (installing)? Easy...hard...any special tools, or tricks?

TIA

Changing the head is as easy as taking the stock head off. No special tricks just be carefull when putting the new head on, don't move the o-rings out of place or coolant will leak. I don't know about the engine ice, it should have some instructions on the bottle about what you should do. Do a search about engine ice, I have seen a couple questions brought up about using it before.

Pull the pipes and remove the drain plug in the cylinder,unscrew hose clamps and drain those too.

I tip the bake when drainging the coolant from the cylinders.

Empty coolant bottle.

Anything left won't be much...

I would drain the coolant before you install the new head, and refil it after...

1 bottle of engine ice should be enough.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the tips...duh, I should have just read the bottle. It is pre-mixed, but is 1/2 gallon enough? Also what is the easiest way to drain the old stuff?

437018[/snapback]

Yes 1/2 gallon is enough, Make sure you flush all of your old coolant out for the ice to work right.