Speeding ticket poll

Wassup350

What do you think about speeding tickets  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know 13 over seems bad but if you saw where this was you'd side with me more. There is like no houses or anything around the area and there is like 3 different speed signs adding to the confusion. As far as im concerned i posed no threat to anyones safety as i was actually slowing down coming into town anyways. I think the only reason that the speed limit is as it is, is because they know people will coast into town and they can get easy tickets. But they neglect to patrol the back country roads where people are doing 70+ miles per hour near peoples home. And I stand by my idea that they are dicks to people in sports cars because i have gone right by cops in my jeep before doing the same speed in the same zone and they havent even pulled me over.

43 in a 30 is pretty small potatoes and on the verge of getting prety petty IMO

I've gotten the following tickets

85 in 55 - beat this one in court

Just paid the fine on these

70 in 55

70 in 55

74 in 55

44 in 25

passing in a double yellow

Only 2 of those tickets was in the same vehicle and I've never got a ticket in the fastest 2 vehicles I've ever owned. Only one of these tickets was in the last 7 years. Radar detectors rule! Online traffic school that you can cruise through in 1.5 hrs to get a pont taken off your DMV record and hide the point from the insurance companies is the way to go.

I'm just glad I haven't got a ticket for 160 in a 70 :P

give or take, plus or minus, blah blah blah.  The posted speed limit is the law.  I'm not all high and mighty.  I break the speed laws too.  When I do get caught I am willing to pay the fine.  If it bothers you getting caught then you shouldn't speed.  I'm not even saying it is ok for the cop to be a di#(.  If you want to do the crime do the time(or fine).

436367[/snapback]

Speed limts are not law. Look at the ticket it normally states above safe and prudent speed. That requires individual interpretation of road condition, traffic load, time of day, and weather conditions. The limit was put in place when the road was built as a catch all safe speed for that road under 99.9 percent of driving conditions.

You see plenty of clowns brag about reaching the mid 100's on bikes and sports cars but you don't hear alot of boasting when there in a body cast when they F-up. No one more selfish than an a-hole speeder in traffic.Doesn't think of the innocent party with a caravan full of kids.

LOL

Soccer moms in a hurry to get to Costco so they can buy juice boxes in bulk.

437306[/snapback]

Usually it's the wife riding shotgun with her fat leg up on the dash and a pillow in her lap. The guy driving has got one of 2 things on his mind, 1. "this is the fastest vehicle I own, way faster than my saturn" or 2. "I hope that guy in that F-150 doesn't see how fat my wife is". Usually a row of baby seats in the second row with babies thinking "geeze dad I'd like to live long enough to breed, slow the fuck down".