Best Tires for drag

hilarious those might work ok for general riding but the lugs bein staggered wont allow you tire to drop down and get a good bite. the ideas with cutting out every other row is so the tire can drop down to the dirt, then when the next row of lugs comes around its biting hard...

Have you guys seen the new kenda radials? I just saw them in a new RMATV catalog. The rears look kinda like those cut knarlys that you run, loco.

They look pretty good to me.  :cheers:

yeah, here's a pic. they look good to me.

435489[/snapback]

those new kenda radials hook up like a mofo in the dirt.a buddy of mine bought a set of them to try at the dirt drags and they hooked way to hard.he runs a wild west chassis.banshee332 on here is also a buddy of mine ,he runs a stock chassis with a 10 mil stroker and they work just fine for him.myself i run either the turf tamers with every forth row cut out or if i want better traction i run the ohtsu radials which are a great tire for dirt drags.for trail riding i'm told they puncture easy.the ohtsu's look almost like the dunlops.

The new kenda's look pretty good but I would like to here more testimonies about them before i bought them.

The Kenda knarlys, and the turf tammers both look good. I like the tammers because of the huge contact patch that they have, ive ran them before and they hook good but ive never tried them cut. The kendas look pretty wicked cut like loco does it almost like a paddle or wedge but looks like they wouldnt wear very good and they still dont look like they have the contact patch of the tammers. Not really concerned with wear life i just want something thats going to hook.

Loco do you have any close ups of your tires cut

And how bout some close up of the tammers cut

Thanks for the replies keep em coming

Have you guys seen the new kenda radials? I just saw them in a new RMATV catalog. The rears look kinda like those cut knarlys that you run, loco.

They look pretty good to me.  :cheers:

yeah, here's a pic. they look good to me.

435489[/snapback]

I think those will be my next tire

The kendas look pretty wicked cut like loco does it almost like a paddle or wedge but looks like they wouldnt wear very good and they still dont look like they have the contact patch of the tammers.  Not really concerned with wear life i just want something thats going to hook. 

they wear excellent..as long as you arent runnin them on the road you should have no problem. i think you are misunderstanding the concept of cutting the lugs out..what happens when you cut the lugs out is that you get the tire to drop down in between the lugs. then when the lug comes back around its nothing but all bite of the lug because you were on the flat part ofthe tire and not on the previous lug..i will get some pictures ofthe different with some non cut knarlys and some cut ones..

Loco do you have any close ups of your tires cut

iill get them here pretty quick..

Another tire you could try is some pure sports bandits. I had a used set, had about a half inch or more of tread left with the edges starting to round off.

I cut every row with the angled knobs out, leaving 2 rows together, and 1 missing in between each set, ( like what loco is talking about)

They worked pretty good, especially when i reversed them and used the hooked part in the center tread. They hooked up really good in loose stuff, had a time keeping the front end down. Tried em in mud and they throw some awesome roost. Hooked up fair on hard pack, but im sure the would do alot better with a new set that wasn't wore down.

And they still made a very good trail and hill climb tire, easy to slide around and kick loose when you wanted to and hook up when you wanted to. And had no problems riding on pavement, had a pretty good humm to em at speeds but didnt vibrate much, but like any dirt tire, they probly wouldnt last long.