the all mighty boost bottel

PyRo_ZaCh

today my friend lets me know since he's gettin his top end rebuilt and his banshee over haluled over the winter (including BIGGER boost bottel) he'll let me have his old one for only $45 and later backed it down to $35. . .In the conversation it came up that none of you know any thing about boost bottels and how they store the extra fule air mixture the banshee would normaly be wasting at and idle and give it that extra boost of fule/air the first time you romp on it and create some kind of crazy vacume or flaw in the space time contiuem or somthing like that, i wasn't paying that much attention to him at this point, that doubles the fule air mix that your burning. He has many other theorys on gaing power, but still belives this web site would be a waste of time to deal with people who "don't know shit" about motors. Maby i'll eventaly convince him to sign up and he'll auctualy learn a couple things from you guys. :headbang:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today my friend lets me know since he's gettin his top end rebuilt and his banshee over haluled over the winter (including BIGGER boost bottel) he'll let me have his old one for only $45 and later backed it down to $35. . .In the conversation it came up that none of you know any thing about boost bottels and how they store the extra fule air mixture the  banshee would normaly be wasting at and idle and give it that extra boost of fule/air the first time you romp on it and create some kind of crazy vacume or flaw in the space time contiuem or somthing like that, i wasn't paying that much attention to him at this point, that doubles the fule air mix that your burning.  He has many other theorys on gaing power, but still belives this web site would be a waste of time to deal with people who "don't know shit" about motors.  Maby i'll eventaly convince him to sign up and he'll auctualy learn a couple things from you guys. :headbang:

434301[/snapback]

Well, the best engine builders don't actually calculate anything...its mostly guess work.

The boost bottle actually stores moon beams. :shrugani: I keep fireflys in mine.

so who had the idea to make one in the first place ... and whyd they call it a boost bottle ... if theres no  :bolt:  :bolt:  :bolt:

434323[/snapback]

People would sell you anything if they could, the boost bottle is just that. Some idea a guy had to make money like those cyclone things you put in the carb.....CRAP

Well, the best engine builders don't actually calculate anything...its mostly guess work.

The boost bottle actually stores moon beams. :shrugani:  I keep fireflys in mine.

434302[/snapback]

:rotflmao: Damn, that's some funny shitt!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Some day I'm gonna strap down the bike on a dyno, so that this can finally be answered for sure...

People would sell you anything if they could, the boost bottle is just that. Some idea a guy had to make money like those cyclone things you put in the carb.....CRAP

434329[/snapback]

I'm not saying yes or no, but in many Asian countries where two-stroke bikes are still common transportation, most companies including Yamaha have a boost bottle type chamber on their stock bikes. It is called the Y.E.I.S., or Yamaha Energy Induction System. Have to wonder if it doesn't do anything, why would Yamaha install it on a factory bike. But don't have dyno sheet to show or disprove at this point.

I eliminated mine and the throttle is nice and snappy now...Did not notice any real difference.

From my understanding it helps a banshee idle by equalizing pressure between the 2 cylinders when the carbs are not in sync. But mne are in sync and it's just another place for an airleak or for the rubber intake the split.

Edited by Justintoxicated

yo u want your carbs as close as possible to the cylinder intake, you also want high intake velocity . a holding resovoir is a complete waste and doesnt do shizzle for power from idle to peak rpm ,plus it wil l eventually crack your intake mainfolds and may cause dangerous airleaks :cheers:

Many people retrofit boost bottles on ther Yamaha rd's (Old school air cooled ones) and claim that it does a world of good. However those early rd's never even had the crossover tube. I think the crossover tube helps alot but the boost bottle does little more than the crossover tube. YEIS was installed on many single cylinder yamaha yz's I don't think they put them on the newer yz's anymore. :shrugani: Must had been a gimmik of sorts.

If anyone wants a boost bottle let me know. $15 shipped to your door.

434455[/snapback]

I'll take 10! Can I put them all on my shee at once for 10x the power :headbang:

Edited by 350TwinDeathBed

Actually a properly designed boost bottle could be of great benefit on any 2-stroke (1 or 2 cylinder) Yamaha did extensive testing in the 80's on this (Y.E.I.S. as 03LB mentioned). The problem is it needs to be adjustable for different rpm's. I have a spreadsheet somewhere that yamaha developed that will give the exact cc's the bottle needs to be at what rpm. The way they used it was to find the dead spot in the dyno curve and design the bottle for that rpm, this would help smooth out the curve a little.

I'm not saying the boost bottles on the market are any good, they are crap. I've swapped out a many boost bottles for crossovers. Hmm now I gotta dig up that spreadsheet