Draggin Sand Mtn Utah

'shee

I went out to Little Sahara sand dunes in Utah yesterday. I sat at sand mtn for a while, and i got a few races in here is the results:

Banshee Vs. YFZ 450........Loss

Banshee Vs. YFZ 450........Win

Banshee Vs. DS 650.........Win

Banshee Vs. Predator.......Win

Banshee Vs. Predator.......Win

Banshee Vs. DS 650.........Win

banshee Vs. Quadzilla.......Loss 1 Bike Length

banshee Vs. Quadzilla#2...Loss 1/4 Bike length

Banshee Vs. Banshee w/ CPI in frame drag pipes...Win

Mods include:

FMF Fattys powercoreII

Dyna FS CDI

Mikuni 28 mm Flatslides

Pro Design Air filter mount

Pro Design Cool Head

Wiseco Pistons

I thought my banshee was pretty slow...(compared to other banshees) it was the first time that I have ever beat another banshee. The first YFZ that I raced was increadibly fast. It really surprised me. And the second YFZ I smoked. I was shocked that my banshee beat a DS, from a dirtwheels article i read, i understood that a DS would waste a banshee.

What do these guys do to their YFZ 450's to get them to go so fast??? I know that they have to spend a ton more money to get them to go that fast. But what does it take and how much does it cost?

Long live the BANSHEE :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I will take pics of my Banshee and post them hopefully tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
What do these guys do to their YFZ 450's to get them to go so fast???  I know that they have to spend a ton more money to get them to go that fast.  But what does it take and how much does it cost?

431353[/snapback]

stroker crank, big bore ,cams, exhaust,porting and cdi. my brother spent about 1500 for parts and machine work and I did all the labor for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Word! Nice to see other HQ'ers rippin up the mountain in Utah!!!

I've also raced a few hella fast yfz's at sand mountain. Those suckers sure are spendy to make fast though-

I can say ive never lost to a four stroke, but I have had my ass handed to me by a few fellow banshee freeks....Its all good!!!

P.S. Im from West Jordan

well, I went down to sand mtn on the 12th of november. I raced 15-20 times I lost count for sure. I lost twice, both to the same banshee w/extended swinger, toomey t5s and alot more im sure.

My favorite race tho was when I was sittin at the bottom of the backside, and 6 banshees pulled up. They were on the right end of the backside, and I was right in the middle. So me and a few yfz 450s pull up and we are all in a strait line revvin our engines. They all take off :bolt::bolt: so I just dump the clutch, sending the banshee flying foreward. I shift into 2nd, 3rd, and finally 4th, and am just flying thru the whoops. I get thru the whoops all but one banshee and I think all the yfz's is ahead of me by no more than a bike legnth. I get thru the whoops, and I lean back, my front tires are just floating on top of the sand. I look over and I see that have pulled on everything but two banshees. I get about 1/2 way up and I passed one banshee and one to go. 2/3 of the way up we (me and the other banshee) are tied...3/4 of the way up i have bike legnth lead and I beat them all.

I got to the top and I am extatic!!! Aww man I get the chills thinking about it. to this day i still can't believe it.

well, I went down to sand mtn on the 12th of november.  I raced 15-20 times I lost count for sure. I lost twice, both to the same banshee w/extended swinger, toomey t5s and alot more im sure. 

My favorite race tho was when I was sittin at the bottom of the backside, and 6 banshees pulled up.  They were on the right end of the backside, and I was right in the middle.  So me and a few yfz 450s pull up and we are all in a strait line revvin our engines.  They all take off  :bolt:  :bolt:  so I just dump the clutch, sending the banshee flying foreward.  I shift into 2nd, 3rd, and finally 4th, and am just flying thru the whoops.  I get thru the whoops all but one banshee and I think all the yfz's is ahead of me by no more than a bike legnth.  I get thru the whoops, and I lean back, my front tires are just floating on top of the sand.  I look over and I see that have pulled on everything but two banshees.  I get about 1/2 way up and I passed one banshee and one to go.  2/3 of the way up we (me and the other banshee) are tied...3/4 of the way up i have bike legnth lead and I beat them all. 

I got to the top and I am extatic!!! Aww man I get the chills thinking about it.  to this day i still can't believe it.

441488[/snapback]

Where at on the backside? Just after the trail down? Where theres those 2 dunes you can jump one after another?

There is a killer drag hill to the north of the face that is steep as fuck, and at the top you better have your shit together because theres no where to stop. We had someone wheelie over going up that one year. Scary shit trying to get a bike rolled over without fuckin things up.

I would say its just a little less steep than the chutes are.

• 1 month later...

ya man have you ever raced the one guy with the yfz thats super modded. prob +6 swinger shit load of chrome super super fast quad hes older guy alwayz has glasses and rides with a blond chick who also has a yfz damn that guy is fast. i love sand mountain couldnt ask for more you got a slight steepness (vally), your medium steepness ( the race way) and your super steep (fingers) which the fingers are easy to climb but its still tricky when your close to stock

• 1 month later...
ya man have you ever raced the one guy with the yfz thats super modded. prob +6 swinger shit load of chrome super super fast quad hes older guy alwayz has glasses and rides with a blond chick who also has a yfz damn that guy is fast. i love sand mountain couldnt ask for more you got a slight steepness (vally), your medium steepness ( the race way) and your super steep (fingers) which the fingers are easy to climb but its still tricky when your close to stock

455778[/snapback]

we will be there easter weekend with our 4 stroke, try to make it if you wanna see a 4 stroke run over 100mph up your hill.

I was racing just to the right of the razorback...Ive just always called it the backside...is there another name for it?

441959[/snapback]

We've always called that the Freeway side, the side on the south of the razor where mainly the built 2 strokes race we call the Face side, and those finger looking trails, we've always called them the Chutes. The backside for us is over the top of the mountain and down the other side where all the bowls and saddles are. :shrugani: