Throttle stick on shee and causes mayhem

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote from the mcall's news

In the wake of the accident, police and parade organizers were pointing fingers at each other.

Hellertown Police Captain Dwight Nuss said police play no role in choosing or reviewing which performers are permitted in the parade.

"That's the role of the parade committee," Nuss said. "It doesn't become a police matter until something like this happens."

Not true, says Dick Gillen, president of the Saucon Valley Lions Club, which organizes the parade.

"All we do is participate in the parade," Gillen said. "We don't control it. That's the job of police."

F' N morons.....

:whoa:

Glad everyone is ok... My suggestion go and make as many apologies possible starting with the poor old lady, then working from there up. If possible get the local news team to run your apology on the news.. Buy the old lady some flowers and kiss your shee good bye, you won't see it for awhile if there is possible criminal charges!..

Was the TORS removed? If not yamaha might be getting one of them there law suits...

I just had a brain storm the other day about getting involved in some local parades to help out the ATV's bad rap... Kinda saw a preminition of something like that happening, sorry it actually happened... GODDAMN visions in my head! :bolt:

Called the lady tonite... she is fine... i talked to her husband and everything is gonna be ok... Ended up i got the worse end of the stick with injuries... But its good for me i guess.... And started workin on a letter to the Mayor of the Town and the Parade Manager..... Next is the Express times and the Morning Call which really blew it all up... People die in crashes all the time which is very sad... however the news doesnt cover that half as much as my story was... Freak Accident... and it so happened it was to me... everything happens for a reason some believe... it jus so happened i hit someone in a parade... No one was killed thank GOD!!!

I beleive everything was removed and there will more than likely be no lawsuit....

I learned... Never go into a parade and show off after i win a race on a track not infront of some strangers who i will never see again....

ya, its a real shitty deal. if your trottle got stuck when you were in a wheelie i can honestly say that there was nothing you could do. it takes a split second for a wheelie to go bad, even while at 1/4 throttle, if it hit the powerband wide open that thing would take off so fast. good luck, your gonna need it!

that's a sticky situation. i like how all the guys on here are flaming you. if i were you i'd tell them to piss up a rope. first off, you were allowed to operate an atv on the street. secondly if you were riding wheelies with no interaction from police etc. then you have done no wrong. i'd be amazed if they could even write you a ticket considering they condoned you riding an atv on a public roadway.

granted i feel bad for the old lady, but give the kid a break. you'll get your quad back minus impound fees. lesson learned. good luck to you.

thats some crazy shit..at 4th of july there was a burnout contest and motorcycle stunt show along with quads in chicago heights il. shit there went countless crashes and a nova even went off the road damn near hitting people and almost hitting a highschool feildhouse..

they even raced to rail cars 1/8 mile down the road..CRAZY shit goes on in the heights..

cops, emt's, children, shit even the mayor..all watching about ten feet away

yeh like they were saying about the other ppl on the stunt bike and trikes doin their figure 8s....noone complains about that and something could go wrong with that stuff as well

if u think about it there is prolly a million things that could go wrong at a parade and hurt someone i personally think it was just bad luck, and im sorry that it happend but accidents do happen. i personally dont think that it was all that bad of an idea but thats just my opinion. i mean how many of us wouldnt stand around and watch bikes doin tricks in the middle of the road....i would like to see it and if somethin would happen like an accident and i got hurt there wouldnt be hard feelings (after all i am an adult and would take responsibility for me standing there watching)

i think what really sux is that the media is makin it out to be way worse then what it is, from my point of view reading the article they kinda make it seem like u did it on purpose. but what u gonna do the media does that with every other story they print. well im done rambling good luck man

It always pisses me off when you see a story about an atv accident, on the local news one night in Iowa they were all up in a tizzy cause a couple 6 year olds rolled a Sportsman in Wisconsin and one got killed the damn parents should be hanged for that one not the wheeler. My point is there are so many other things that they could have been talking about such as food drives, library donations, car deer accidents, local sexual predator on the loose... but no they have to get the story in about the atv killing somebody. Bad news always makes the news especially when it's an atv. I didn't see the story on his accident but on the news they could have spun that in a neutral light they could have said something about things going crazy at a local parade and said luckily nobody was seriously injured and then they could have interviewed those involved and shown a picture of the crazy ass stuntman and the old lady hugging to make up for what happened.

Things are going the same way in my country. Cops impounding quads at the slightest infringement. :angry: And we get bashed at pretty much every chance the papers get the chance! :confused:

Sounds like you are getting off though! :cheers:

I just entered my post for this same topic. Don't listen to these other ass holes. My banshee does the same thing. I hit the throttle and the bike takes off at full speed and wont quit unless you squeeze the clutch in and swith gears and even then it burns out until the engine calms down. It's dangerous. it happens more often in damp weather so I think that has something to do with the carb?

You shouldve thought about safety if you were going into a parade ..............where theres lots of people..............standing around................close to you attempting to do stunts.

I think the lesson here is live and learn shit happens.

Looks like your bein a real man about it and thats 1 important thing. :cheers:

hope you get her back.

Thanks guys,

Today was a rough day... The couple was interviewed by TV... And they said i was doin 50-60 mph... Gimme a damn break...

I NEVER LEFT 1-2 GEAR!!! 50 or 60 no way...

However, i did crash and i am embarresed about crashing my pride and joy into an innocent bystander.... Its tough.... banghead

The old lady is just fine... I am still suffering from a large headache and shoulder pain...

Thanks though... Ive been debating over sellin the quad... Not sure... May need the cash to pay the fines...

I hope not... I love my Shee....