Stock 2002 shee, going with PC pipes!

mattb348

Hey guys. I am new here. I recently bought a 2002 banshee in mint condition off of e-bay for $3,300. I am a dirt bike person (I also have a mint 2002 KX 250), but I am starting a collection of toys (now I just need a KX 500, 250R 3 wheeler, and quadracer 500), so I couldn't resist buying a banshee for such a great price.

Anyways, this thing is 100% stock, other than the holeshot tires. I like to keep my stuff all stock except for things like handlebars, tires, and pipes. Pipes are the ONLY engine mod I will bother doing. And of course I will jet it too, if need be.

As stated, I will be going with pro circuit pipes & silencers. My question is this: do you guys think this will make a big difference in power & top speed? I have read ALOT of posts here on this matter, and one of them said putting on pc pipes made the shee go like 8 mph faster, and also broadened the power band, which was good for pulling wheelies. I LOVE riding wheelies, so this is definitely what I'm looking for.

I am 160 lbs and on pavement my stock shee pulls wheelies in 1st through 3rd gear, but not 4ths & up :( this is alot different than my kx 250 dirtbike, as that thing can pull wheelies in its top gear (5th), and the thing is 100% stock, not even piped. Do you think I can pull wheelies in more gears with the pc pipes & silencers?

Lastly, do you think I will have to re-jet after putting on pro circuit pipes? Will I have to richen or lean it out?

Thanks a million for any help, its greatly appreciated!

- Matthew

Yes, you need to rejet richer. If your only going to put on pipes, try 280 mains, 27.5 pilots, needle in third [stock] position. Thing about the shee, it's very easy to get more and more power with simple mods. Getting rid of the air box lid, and puting in a proflow, getting a 4 degree timing advance stator plate, and shaving the cylinder head .030 or .035 are all cheap and very effective at making the shee a fire breathing missle. With these mods, try 340 mains and #30 pilots.