wont idle except if choke is "on"

skunker

HEY!! Man you are going to have to get past they worked on your friends banshee. More important they don't run right on yours. So like Meat said you are going to have to get to work and clean them again.

It happens to everyone. I have cleaned my carbs out and put them back on and they leaked all over :( . Take back off and go through again and didn't find anything. Put them on and they didn't leak :clap:

Edited by itsaripper

First, great post Meat... :clap: all of these are things you should have checked. Additionally, have you checked for air leaks on your bike? Did you have the head milled recently, if so did you create an air leak at that time. Usually, an air leak would be accentuated by higher rpm idle, but it could cause it to not want to idle if bad enough. Also, as itsaripper said, the key is figuring out why it won't work on your bike. Good luck

Ok I have another idea, the needle jet holder has a hole in one side of it (on the bottom), the needle jet holder must be installed facing the proper direction so the hole lines up with the proper place in the carb.

I have a feeling when you put the needles back in you may have flipped this around. Your bike will not run correctly unless the hole in the piece that holds the needle jet matches the hole in the carb.

Check it out I have a feeling you might you might have overlooked it, I know I have before.

Just unscrew the tops of the carbs and check it out.

Otherwise unlog the pilots with a twisty tie wire, it's possible a single piece of sand is plugging them if the carbs were dirty beflore you cleaned them.

Edited by Justintoxicated