wont idle except if choke is "on"

skunker

banghead hi guys my shee wont idle except if the choke is "on" an he run like he is suppose, when y push the choke off he just want idle i check everythink reed and carbs run well on my friend shee so i guess those think are not my problem any one have an idea??? he run so well i just take off the carbs to clean an after this everything is f**k up

2002 shee

V-force 2

ported an planed (21cc)

stock carbs (whit those shitty TORS)

pilot jet: 32.5

main jet : 300

My first thought is that when you disassembled/reassembled the carbs, did you accidentally switch the slides. This seems to usually cause poor idling attributes. Also I would think that you are too big on the pilots, you must have a ton of turns out on the air screws to compensate... But, if it ran good before disassembly and cleaning, my first bet is on the slides being switched. :confused:

Are your friends mods the exact same as yours. If not it could be that your friends bike does not require as much fuel. If your bike runs ok w/the ckoke on, all you did in essence was richen the ckt by chokeing it. If you just cleaned your carbs, I would check you bowls again for signs of moisture. If your pilots suck up any water it will clog them. Did you happen to open your airscrews up any?

Look man, your answering your own question here. You didnt have the problem before you cleaned the carbs, you cleaned the carbs and now it wont run\idle right. So...... where do you think you should start troubleshooting ?? Yes, the carbs. Odds are something is outta whack with your carbs, not gonna say thats definitly where the problem is, but common sense says look at the carbs first.

There's a buncha things to look for in yer carbs that coulda went wrong. Im going to go out on a limb and guess you swapped the float bowls by accident. The bowls are carb specific. The carb with the choke knob get the float bowl with the brass tube.

Did you remove the main jet ?

Did you re-install the little brass washer under the main jet ? Double check it.

The floats should be set at a specific height, did you check the float height specs?

Choke crossover tube in place ? FYI, thats the 2 inch long tube that connects the two carbs.

Did you have the pilots removed ? If you said "yes", then make sure they are definitly back in the carbs and they are screwed down tight. If you said "No", then remove the pilots and clean them out with some carb cleaner folllowed by compressed air.

Did you re-install the plastic "splash guard" thats underneath the main jets ??

ya prolly just have to turn the idle up......

get to work.....

-denny

Edited by Meat