looking into a trail friendly quad

sycoracer911

well boys my rents recently cut me off from using there 4x4... and hte banshee just isnt making it threw the trails and 3 feet of water.... anyway im looking for a good trail/woods/mud quad.... anyway i been trying to think of something and only got a few things.... first off.... i deff want a 4 stroke... these trails are tight and i dont need to be fowling plugs and junk... i wanna keep the price under 3g..... around 2 if possible.... now after thinking i have come up with one quad.... its a 400ex.... now i know these have very good geometry and all and are used for gncc a lot.. now im wondering how they will do over rocks and rivers and all that stuff..... or if there is any 4x4 out there that are decently fast... either way i want it in a auto clutch or clutch.. what about warriors? idk i would like the idea of a 2x4 becuase then i can use it when the shee is down... and still have some mayjor fun in like flat landing and track and stuff... but then again how would a ex or warrior do in water? mud? climbs? rock crawling? and so forth?

well boys my rents recently cut me off from using there 4x4... and hte banshee just isnt making it threw the trails and 3 feet of water.... anyway im looking for a good trail/woods/mud quad.... anyway i been trying to think of something and only got a few things.... first off.... i deff want a 4 stroke... these trails are tight and i dont need to be fowling plugs and junk... i wanna keep the price under 3g..... around 2 if possible.... now after thinking i have come up with one quad.... its a 400ex.... now i know these have very good geometry and all and are used for gncc a lot.. now im wondering how they will do over rocks and rivers and all that stuff..... or if there is any 4x4 out there that are decently fast... either way i want it in a auto clutch or clutch.. what about warriors? idk i would like the idea of a 2x4 becuase then i can use it when the shee is down... and still have some mayjor fun in like flat landing and track and stuff... but then again how would a ex or warrior do in water? mud? climbs? rock crawling? and so forth?

419492[/snapback]

They'd do decent if you had 3g's to blow on beefing them up first... You're best off with a rancher or some big shit like that.

Mike

I have a 99 warrior with a timing problem (starts & idles, but won't rev up) that I will give you for $1000. Has FMF Megamax II exhuast, clamp-on K&N Intake, alum. skid plate, brand new CDI & high output ricky stator. Thing did good on trails for me. Would only take a little tinkering or cleaning of the carb to get it to run right. I don't have time to mess with it. I could take that thing everywhere I could take my Kodiak, probably more since I could pop it up over big obstacles real easy.

Edited by BigRed350x

Ahh, well hell.. Id say throw a set of cheetah cubs on ur banshee, but you want a 4 stroke.  :shrugani:        :P

I say z400. Im not a big fan of ex's or warriors, but I guess ur pretty limited because of your budget. YFZ 450's are monsters in the trails. Save up some scrilla and get one used!

419495[/snapback]

i have actually been thinking about getting the yfz but in order to do that i would have to sell the banshee... and thats a big step that idk if i want to do yet....

They'd do decent if you had 3g's to blow on beefing them up first... You're best off with a rancher or some big shit like that.

Mike

419496[/snapback]

dont got the extra money like that.... my mom has a rancher and it didnt have enough balls.... idk if its just cuz it was beat that bad... but it didnt like to pull the hill climbs and stuff

honda 300 4x4 , get em cheap , make them big . thumper makes a bad ass big bore kit for them too , 372 kit

419509[/snapback]

ill have to look into them.... are they quick?

I have a 99 warrior with a timing problem (starts & idles, but won't rev up) that I will give you for $1000.  Has FMF Megamax II exhuast, clamp-on K&N Intake, alum. skid plate,  brand new CDI & high output ricky stator.  Thing did good on trails for me.  Would only take a little tinkering or cleaning of the carb to get it to run right.  I don't have time to mess with it.  I could take that thing everywhere I could take my Kodiak, probably more since I could pop it up over big obstacles real easy.

419515[/snapback]

im not sure if i want to go with a warrior yet... anyway where are you located?