need help with pipes

wicked93yz

well i have a bone stock 05 also i went with the toomey t6s and the air filter kit i also got the delta v force 3 reeds and im very happy with how it runs from what ive been told the t5s are better if you plan to go into the engine latter on with mods but the t6s rock with stock porting

i have a bone stock 05 shee. should i go with the rocket pipes or the fmf sst's? i want the performance because i plan on a full build in the future and i dont want to go through 10,000 sets of pipes before i find the ones that work. also should i tell a difference with the rocket pipes even though she's all stock?

416805[/snapback]

I was in your same boat a month ago. I had gone through a million opinions. I went with Rocket pipes. If you plan on owning a banshee for long, you will know what rebuilds are all about. And during that rebuild is when the porting comes into play. That is where the rockets will shine.

Right now i have a bone stock motor with rocket pipes, + 7 tiiming, 19 cc dome NOSS head, rad valves, and trinity intake. I would not have done it any other way. Power band comes on strong and smooth and doesnt stop pulling. Alot of people who have ridden my banshee swore it was ported to some extent.

Jeff

i had the t6s...for a while on a stock motor, and just recently switched to the rockets...and i was very impressed. i didnt notice much if any loss in bottom end. and they just pull forever its kinda hard to imagine it getting any faster lol. i like the rockets alot better then the t6's. one for performance and 2 for quality i think the chrome on the rockets is ALOT better the the set of t6's that i have.

Talk to minkia who sells the pipes. (Ray V.)

He offers a demo set to test, if you'll pay for shipping.

I'd bet he still has 'em. They are cosmeticaly flawed, and one of the first sets (the weld beads are not ground down or smooth)

I tried 'em...and didn't like 'em with my mods in my sig.

If I were going to build a strict drag quad or dune quad, I'd give them and Shearers a serious thought. But...if you plan on play racing and some trail riding, they're a little too much of a top end pipe in my opinion.

I'm happy with the all around performance of my T5s, and I got them because I plan on porting in the off season...

Peak horsepower doesn't mean squat to a trail rider if it's in a very narrow RPM range...and comes on too late....

I'm not saying they're bad pipes...they just weren't for me.

Three more things...forget about shutting off your gas petcock if it is stock and the bike is hot. You need to get a screwdriver to get to it...or wait till shee cools down.

Two...changing your spark plugs is more difficult...not impossible, but not as easy...

Three... if you move around a lot on your quad (trail riding...) it feels like two brick cynder blocks under your gas tank hitting your knees. I suppose you could get used to this...but, I kept hitting mine. I'm average height at about 6 foot...I wear jeans to ride mostly...and almost burned me legs a couple times...

They will give you more top, no doubt..and pull longer. I just didn't like the pipe before it got there.

But...they do look suwheet and sound good too!

thanx for all of your help. i think i might go with the t-5 they seem to be very popular and well known. I'm new to the banshee thing i got off of my raptor and right on a banshee and i must say there is alot to learn about my new bikes. I bought 2 of them at the same time. the 05 is my girlfriends i have a 98 with a lot of shit done. if you guys are anywhere close to central illinois i'll buy the beer :cheers: thanx alot

I'm happy with my t-6s.. I think the chroming on mine are second to none.. i saw a set of bills pipes the other day .... WORST looking pipes ever made.. welds are ugly and plenty and as for the nickel plating i believe they are.. the guy that put them on ran his hand down the bottom of them and stuck himself with a huge sliver of the plating.. not fun.. he's very unhappy that he didn't go with the fmfs when he was choosing..

Well it all comes down to how you ride. If you drag your buds alot, or drag at a track alot, and do alot of duning I think the order would be CPI, Shearer and then T-5's. All around my CPI's perform very good on my ported shee. On the stock shee I have the T-5's and they are outstanding. T-5's sound the best though, IMHO.

I can't speak for the Rockets or others, but I can tell, like most everyone else, I love my T5's. They definitely have an awesome distinctive sound. Plus they seem to make really good power. Supposedly, stay away from the T6's if you plan on porting or other more significant mods down the road.