rAZR2 VS Holeshot HD,s rear tires

ellison445

i wouldnt run razr 2. if ur gonna go with rzrs get the irazr. they are beefy and hook hard. too bad they are so heavy. i think theyll hook harder than HD's..HD's are a little soft...i say get some irazrs if u can... but between HD's and razr 2 def go with HD's...

I-Razors!!! I got mine mounted yesterday and they are a stout tire. I noticed that every 5th lug on the inside half of the tire is re-enforced, probably just to ensure you get some bite. I haven't ridden on them but my friend did when he mounted them, said they seemed to hook real good on straightaways but also allowed him to slide well. Besides that, they're a mean looking tire

t_i-raz_r_tire.JPG

Since I don't have any other dirt tires worth a crap right now, I'm gonna put them on the banshee Saturday and take it to the dirt drags...I'll let you know how they hook. :D

Thanks for the info tyler and travis. :headbang:

Travis , keep me posted on how they perform this weekend.

Any other comments on the 2 tires would be great!!

I-Razors!!! I got mine mounted yesterday and they are a stout tire. I noticed that every 5th lug on the inside half of the tire is re-enforced, probably just to ensure you get some bite. I haven't ridden on them but my friend did when he mounted them, said they seemed to hook real good on straightaways but also allowed him to slide well. Besides that, they're a mean looking tire

t_i-raz_r_tire.JPG

Since I don't have any other dirt tires worth a crap right now, I'm gonna put them on the banshee Saturday and take it to the dirt drags...I'll let you know how they hook.  :D

415727[/snapback]

Irazr's are supposed to wear pretty fast, you might ask sredish he had a set and that's what he had said.

My dad has the HD's on his banshee and once moving he likes them. Good bite, crawls over stuff with ease, ride is good. Biggest thing he noticed is that we race XC and he said since we dead engine start the tires are so heavy that its lugs the engine down on the start since you cant be sitting there revving. So he's already talking about selling them and going back to a set of Razr 1 rears or maybe something else. Downfall being the weight of the tire.

I have the Razr2 on the front and rear of my 450. Rides good, run over all kinds of stuff and no flats at this point, good bite, AWESOME in the mud, great side bite in ruts, seem to be wearing good but not quickly. Overall good tire, is a bit heavy like the HD but i've had no troubles on the starts firing up and dumping it and off she goes. Good trail tires.

I like my razor2's as far as bite and protection they are great. If you really wanna talk weight go on a diet. When you are racing its agianst riders of that are big and small. In my opinion unless you are drag racing on asphalt then the weight thing is a moak point. banshee jen this is not talking about your dad im talking tire weight.

I like my razor2's as far as bite and protection they are great. If you really wanna talk weight go on a diet. When you are racing its agianst riders of that are big and small. In my opinion unless you are drag racing on asphalt then the weight thing is a moak point. banshee jen this is not talking about your dad im talking tire weight.

416244[/snapback]

why put heavy ass tires on your bike if you dont have to?? in ANY situation having lighter tires is gonna be a plus. the less tire weight, the easier it is on the motor and the faster you can turn them...

Id like to get a lighter set of tires to go to the MX track with, plus the hard ass dirt out there wears the edges on the Razr2 pretty good. The razr2 is a heavy tire and for the type riding we both do which is XC racing, a 6 ply tire holds up better to the (stumps, thorns, sharp rocks) and such that we ride in regularly. But yea if you dont need that type of tire then put your tires on a diet if need be.

Dalegoldston didnt know you were back finally! The yr is going good so far in XC. Dad is 1st in his class with 5 wins out of 6 races. I'm sitting in about 3rd behind by 4 pts after the drops. You should get with Scott and setup some ride time fella!