nology coil wow

lonestar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got mine from our friend Jeff at FAST Racing.I'm just itchin' to throw it on.

This thing even looks like it could fire some serious spark.It's about time a company was smart enough to have an afermarket coil for the banshee.

How did you mount you're coil?

413777[/snapback]

Made a small angle iron out of stainless steel with a series of holes to move it left to right to make sure it dont hit anthing. Watch out it dont hit your radiator hose or frame. Mounted anle iron same location as stock coil.

Yes it comes with some assembly required but easy to do! you can order it with 2 wires for twins or one for a 1 lunger!! Give me a holler if ya need one. :headbang:

i liked the Nology also ,to me this mod was kinda similar to having a flywheel lightened, it came o n the pipe sooner and reved a tad quicker , kd cycles sells them for 120$ with the hotwires,be sure to get the hot wires, :dance: i heard some peeps havent noticed much improvemnet without the wires. its worth the money and I probably gained a couple ponies im sure ,it requires some slight main jetting changes for the hotter spark . starts alittle easier too iMO :cheers:

hmmm might be worth a try. does it come with wires and shit already on them??

413804[/snapback]

The best thing about this coil the wires arent moulded to the coil. Like the stock crap yamaha are. I bought this coil with wires. You can buy this coil without wires and put your owen.

All set for the mounting.I used a piece of aluminum 1" 90' angle. I cut it 4.5 inches and it worked out mint.Hell, I even polished it up and it looks like it came with the coil.

I don't want to use the stock plug caps though.How do I go about using the Nology caps? I mean how do I cut the wire for the Nology caps?

All set for the mounting.I used a piece of aluminum 1" 90' angle. I cut it 4.5 inches and it worked out mint.Hell, I even polished it up and it looks like it came with the coil.

I don't want to use the stock plug caps though.How do I go about using the Nology caps? I mean how do I cut the wire for the Nology caps?

414017[/snapback]

check and make sure the caps don't screw off first, if not you should be able to cut the wire right at the cap.. :confused:

Brian , how was the new Nology coil working for ya???

I stopped by the Nology Booth at the sand show and one of the guys there tried to tell me that racing fuel burns 5 times hotter so I need a nology coil to keep up with the increased temp ....

LOL

Umm Race fuel burns cooler. He then told me I could expect a 2-8! HP gain...

I think I might need a new coil as no matter how jetted I am I seem to go through a set of plugs once a trip...The lead fromt he race fuel eventualy cakes on the plugs. I wonder if a new coil would help burn it off?

Starting was immediate. I was suprised even during warmup how much more of an efficient burn I get with the coil.My banshee usually smokes the first minute or two with the stock coil and the Nology coil only had me smoke for under a minute.At first I thought it made me run lean but a plug check later told me I was just right.I always run slightly rich anyway.

Do not use resistor plugs with the coil, it weakens you're spark.

I'm running PC pipes for now till the Rockets arrive.We all know PC pipes have this lightswitch powerband.The coil moved the powerband hit much earlier and harder than I had expected.Freaked me out at first.Gained some bottom end with this mod.

As far as my banshee is concerner I have +4 timing with 18cc domes on 104 octane and everything worked well with no adverse affects.

This is a great mod to have and it's worth every penny!! I will definietly be using the Nology coil on my new motor(420) I'll be getting shortly.

Thanks again Jeff for ordering and shipping the coil to me!! A++ :headbang: