Banshee or dirtbike

tecumseh

personally, for the trails i would get a CR250. my RM250 is a dream in the trails, the ride is so smooth and easy to manuaver. you definally wont feel this way, you say this is your first bike? you will feel way in over your head on either bike, more so the cr250. what i love about the banshee though, is that it is so reliable and durable, motocross bikes are real touchy with plugs and jetting, so watch out.

First bike or ATV? Your looking at the wrong machines. You should be looking at the CR125 and the Blaster.

412874[/snapback]

I have rode banshees before but have never rode a bike. I can handle the power ( I am 35 6'5 240lbs) I have just never bought one for myself.

I was just curious what you guys think about which one is more fun, obviously on this site most people are bias towards the Banshee but it sounds like alot of you have both.

I also want something thats not breaking down all the time are the 4 strokes more reliable?

A two stroke is just as reliable as a four stroke. The banshee is fun, but if your going to be doing trail riding I would get a four stroke. They have more low end power. For trails I like the Honda 450r or the Yamaha YFZ450. The yamaha is faster but in my experiences the honda had less problems. If you haven't rode a motorcycle yet, don't jump on a 250, start out smaller like a 125. IMO, go to a dealership and sit on a bike and a quad and see which one feels better. Being comfortable makes a big difference when you ride, expecially when it's for hours at a time.

only reliabity difference is a 4 stroke will run like shit longer than a 2 stroke will before it finally seizes, proper maintenance is key to any quad and if you pick. a 2 stroke you will have much more of a wild fun powerband to ride than mundane 4 poke torque,id pick a quad like a banshee if i was yo u ,they are planted to the ground,require practically no body english, and its very exhillerating to ride IMO :cheers:

Edited by rocketboy

A two stroke is just as reliable as a four stroke. The banshee is fun, but if your going to be doing trail riding I would get a four stroke. They have more low end power. For trails I like the Honda 450r or the Yamaha YFZ450. The yamaha is faster but in my experiences the honda had less problems. If you haven't rode a motorcycle yet, don't jump on a 250, start out smaller like a 125. IMO, go to a dealership and sit on a bike and a quad and see which one feels better. Being comfortable makes a big difference when you ride, expecially when it's for hours at a time.

412922[/snapback]

Thanks. Thats the advice I was looking for.

I'm gonna start joining other ATV/Dirtbike sites and ask if I should buy whatever they ride... or something else. 

Lets join the HQ and ask if I should buy a Banshee!!!  Yeah, yeah!

:yank:  :shootself:

413005[/snapback]

dont be a dickwad.

and youll have fun on both. the four wheeler is probably the better choice because its way easier and youre better at it to begin with. 2 wheelers take time to learn on and get everything down. they will both be fun though. i would just recommend the banshee. out of the banshee and cr250.

id prolly go witha cr250 for trails..or say fuck it and step right on up to a cr500 :evil:

413021[/snapback]

you must want this guy dead telling him to get a 500 for his first bike :blink:

ya, for trails, the 250 bikes kick ass. better yet, get a KTM 300exc, power will be alot smoother and more manageable for the trails, thats what its designed for. plus it has lights and crap, they come fast as fuck and are sexy as hell :wub:

300EXC.JPG