well..the excitment come to a sudden stop

BANJO

just finished a new top end/ crank...

new parts ect..

got it running.. changed my jets..

went out for an hr.. the shee ran hard and strong..

next day went out to do a plug chop..

then.. 1 side blew again...

it hurts.. took 2 months to build back up.. now i gota take it apart 2 days after..

the god danm jettings fucked up once again.. the bike was running perfect..

but it just wouldnt idle.. how can you do a plug chop if the bikes going to blow up..

im having bad luck with my shee.. anyways.. hopfully the next time ill get the jetting right the first time... and it will last my more the 1 hr of driving..

peace devin

Sounds like an air leak to me. If you weren't running ultra lean already, then I doubt it's jetting. You've got an air leak on the blown jug. I would suspect jetting more if you were running dual carbs.

409266[/snapback]

That's what I would say too. Did you do a leak down test? If not be sure and do one. Need to know how to do one, do a search and if no luck get back with us.

Hey, it sounds kind of stupid, but did you examine the top of your intake boots where the crossover tube goes. Mine was cracked, but I couldn't tell until I pushed on the hole and then saw a hairline crack. Unfortunately, I had already burned a hole in the piston and scratched the crap out of the cylinder, which I had to go from stock bore to .50 over to fix. At least it was a excuse to get the jugs ported. Good luck finding your problem. Also, that was the same symptoms mine had, wouldn't stay running at idle, had to choke it when it was hot to get it to start.

Sorry, I thought you still had 2 carbs. Are the rubbers good on the aluminum intake? I had hell getting mine to seal when I switched to a 2-1(got tired of jetting 2) and a even worse time getting the v-force 2s to seal up because of the hose in the way. If you can still start it now, spray some wd or carb cleaner around the intake to see if the engine note changes and remember what spot you were spraying to try and see what's leaking. Also, are your reeds still good?