Motorcycle

ok i talked to the dmv for a long time about how licenses(motorcycle) work in pa, its juust like a car, permite for 6 months(when 16) and then license, when you have your permite you cant drive between dawn and dust, only in the day, also u cant drive without passangers and shit, its basically liek having ur license, just cant drive after dusk, i have no idea about insurance though

ok so you dont even have a car yet? i think you have to be 18 to even take a loan out cosigner or not, and second your only 16 drive a actual motor vehicle on the road for awhile, just so you learn the rules of the road. Also on a bike you have to watch out for everything and everyone, and i know at 16 you will be more then willing to go faster then you should.

If you want any chance of affordable insurance, you will most likely have to go with State Farm. You will have to have your parents move a vehicle over to them also to make it affordable. Otherwise your looking at 600 to 1000 a yr for liability or 3000 to 10,000 a year full coverage. Trust me, there is a reason the insurance on those bikes is high for teenagers. Just don't make yourself a statistic and help keep our insurance affordable. ;) You may also look into discounts for attending motorcycle safety courses.

no way ur gonna want a new bike and pay that insurance...hope you got some major money layin around to drop on it. y not buy a 2002 or something? they look nice asfuck. both my cbr600 f4i and my bros bike 2002 gixxer are nice ass bikes. they look every bit as good as the new ones. il never own a brand new streetbike...mainly cuz i never wanna pay full coverage..

The R6 is a sweet bike, but not for a new "street rider"! They have plenty of speed and power, and are easy to OVER slide out around corners. They are also very costly to fix when you crash them. I agree that the cbr600 f4i is also a sweet bike, it would also be better suited to a newer rider.

full coverage is worth it.........shit happens, sand,showing off,stupidity,other drivers,for an extra 25-30bucks a month that might be the difrence from a new bike, or the mangled mess ur forced to keep in ur garage cause of lack of coverage. not to mention its ur first street bike( im not one does goes that says u cant compare dirt to street, because you know how to use all the controls your already familiar with that aspect of things, ur allot better coming of a dirt machine than nothing at all) but it is alot diffrent so be careful and get the full cov, atleast just for a little while, r6 is a great machine they all are, its all out how you treat your machince, if maintain it regularly u can even beat on it and it will last a good amount of time. take it slow till u can figure things out, they are powerfull as are all the 600's these days, but u control the power, use ur head not ur wrist

im a step 27( few 100 mph tixs will do that) in the state of mass which very bad and thats what they base for the premium. i have full coverage for 80 a month as appsoed to bare bones for 45 a month, ull be better off than me its worth it. even if it falls over in ur drive way u got a solid 1500 in insurence money. even if its a couple of scrathes here and there they have to pay out

man that is not smart, im 17 and am startin to build my first chopper after having helped build 2 last winter i want my own, now dont get me wrong here i understand you think you can ride but im sorry you cant... you have to have your mind set at 300% riding im not talkin shifting and throttle work im talkin people on the road, you dont have enough time in the world to think about something else, no wavin at chicks no lookin at people lookin at you its all you watchin other people, you dont know what their gonna do... you ride as if no one can see you because most the time they dont pay attention to the fact you have no 2000 lbs of sheet metal around you to protect. you wanna get serious about riding a street bike start slow and work up i started ridin a 87 sportster and took a class that gave me my day liscence(idaho)and rode 250 cc 4 chokes and dont feel confident enough of all the people in my town to ride it daily

My .02 is that if you don't have a bunch of money laying around don't buy a newer bike, it's stupid to buy something you can't afford just because it looks cool. And if your worried about power the best way to get power out of a bike is to turn the throttle and if you ride ledally all bikes will be decent. The R6 and GSXR 600 are more of a race bike than the F4i's. The '02 style F4i's are two seater style not the banana seat like the newer ones and they are every bit as fast as a 600RR, but they utilize a little different rpm ranges, seating angles, and suspension setup. The older F4's, F3's... are very streetable because they are carburated. A guy I work with (same one I bought my F4i from) used to race rockets up at brainerd, no expert but just enjoyed it he told me that when he took the F4i up there he never felt comfortable with it because of the power delivery but he also said I'd love it because I'm used to riding a two stroke with a snappier powerband and that's the thing the fuel injected bikes you notice every tiny little bit of throttle turn, I'm used to it when I'm by myself but when I throw the girl on back I can tell just how un-smooth I really am. I ride the bike everyday to work on busy interstate traffic roads up here in the twin cities, I work in downtown St. Paul. The F4i is the first motorcycle I've ever owned. I decided when I turned 25 that I'm passed all the stupid stuff that I dreamed of doing when I was younger. When looking I got a quote from Progressive for full coverage and it was $2400, I eventually went to state farm and got it for $280 a year which is pretty good with a $500 deductible and as the guy I bought it from who has a $50 deductible if you go down once it'll cover the deductible. He's dropped a few bikes in the past and state farm also covers your helmet you have to send it in to them to be crushed but when you drop $600 for a helmet it's a good idea to keep the receipt. If you get anything make sure you get a good helmet, jacket, gloves don't be a flipflop shorts and tank top rider you can always fix a bike but if you go down doing anything other than parking the bike you're going to fuck yourself up permanently if you even live.

Bikes haven't changed their looks all that much since about 1990 IMO, and unless you are an expert rider your not going to be able to use the performance of a new or even a 10 year old bike to its full potential. Most of the older models say up to around 1995 are also more comfortable to ride than the new models. Start off with a bike that you can pay cash for. Liability only insurance will still cost you $400 per year min. Suzuki and Kawaslapy will sell/finance a bike w/o full coverage but thats a lot of risk. You don't want to make payments on a wrecked pile of scrap. Also if your dad puts the bike in his name he probably wont be able to get insurance in his name since he doesn't have a MC liscense, if he can it will still be expensive, and if he gets insurance they will want to exclude you from the insurance or charge a but load of $ anyway. I ride a Ducati 996, but I had a old CBR600 and not quite as old ZX6 that I rode for a combined 35k miles before the duc which I finally bought new when I was 23 years old after having almost 6 years of street experience and 6 years dirt riding experience before that. The 996 is paid off but I still pay full coverage on it (although I have a sweet deal on insurance for the last couple years).

If you do get a new R6 let me know, I want to take out a life insurance policy on you with me as the benificiary.

My opinion is not to get a new bike as your first one. do you realize how many times youre going to drop it? you can put all the roll cages and bars on it you want some damage is gonna be done. get something older and easier to learn on. dont worry about what people think because it will get you killed. you want a brand new r6 because they are fast and they look nice and people will think you are cool. I would also agree with ducman, get something you can pay cash for, maybe even just a throwaway bike that you can learn on then in 1 or 2 years get a newer one if you want to stick with it. whats not gonna be cool is when you slide across the pavement at 80mph. look at bobbybonillas pics. shit happens and its no fun at all. just my advice. dont get a new bike as your first one. its a huge responsibility. plus I dont understand where youre getting the money for insurance and a new bike. you must have one hell of a job.