Motorcycle

thats bs. u dont have to have full coverage unless you have a loan against it. mine and my bros bikes are just under liablity..if u wreck it you really gonna be in any condition to worry about the bike?? you dont have to be 18 either...you have to be 16 to get your motorcycle license.

thats bs. u dont have to have full coverage unless you have a loan against it. mine and my bros bikes are just under liablity..if u wreck it you really gonna be in any condition to worry about the bike?? you dont have to be 18 either...you have to be 16 to get your motorcycle license.

406069[/snapback]

maybe by you, in NJ you need to be 18 to get your license, it must be similar in PA.

Yeah, you dont have to have full coverage. Only if you have a loan from a bank or some place like that. I really have no idea what insurance would run you. Call 1-800-progressive. They will give you a free qoute on liability. Give them ur info.

Really, all the 600 sportbikes are about the same, with few minor differences. The Suzuki GSX-R has the most comfortable seat in the 600 class by far... Ill neer own anything else. When I upgrade to a bigger bike, itll be a Suzuki as well.

only have to be 16 in pa... anyway yeah i know these bikes are crazy... im going to finance one... have dad co-sign it.... so maybe thats why i need full coverage....

406093[/snapback]

Yes, youlll have to have full coverage if you finance it. But, if ur name is on that insurance, the quote is gonna be unreal. Ur best bet would be to see if ur dad will get it in his name. I cant even afford full coverage and Ill be 20 next month.

Here in Missouri, you only have to be 16 to get your motorcycles license. Each state may be different.

406080[/snapback]

well shit, wish i would have know that when i was 16. might have asked for a bike instead of taking over on the Z-28

its 14 in OK, if you want a 250. :D 16 otherwise.

the bike is more reliable than your riding skills, given the proper maintenance is done.

and keep those things off the limiter. ive seen more than one piston go sideways in a bore cause the douche thought: "i thought thats what the revlimiter was for, derrrrrrrrr" its good for a second, but not a freeway mile. banghead

i know this has been talked about several times before, and once again i will throw in my 2 cents....

Dont buy a new R6 as your first sport bike. Its just stupid. You will drop the bike (or worse) at some point. Would you rather drop a couple year old CBR600 or a brand new shiny bike. Anyway, my point is that I think you young guys should start out on a bit cheaper (to repair and initially purchase) bike. Get used to riding on the street and find out for sure that its something you want to do for sure. Then get a bigger bike or a new one. I started out on a 93 Kawi ZX-6 back when i was 16. Scared the shit out of me when I first got the bike. Insurance was high, but not as high as it would have been on a brand new sport bike. Anyway, you will do what you want anyway, so there is my 2 cents.

R6 would be good, and reliable too. I had a GSXR600 and put about 22,000 miles on it in just over a year it was comfortable for any trip I took evan 500 mile stretches. I was 30 with a clean record and full coverage was only 40 a month with state farm. It's gone now but a Hayabusa will soon be in my garage :evil::evil::dance:

even if my dad doesnt have a MC lisence can it still be in his name? also i wont want a older bike.. i think there the ugliest thing... the uni seat lol i hate that... just looking for a cheep alturnative... i get my lisence int eh summer so i would have all summer with the bike... then before winter starts i would buy a cheep 4x4 for the winter... hmm... idk