breaking 100mph?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv'e been pinned in 6th on 20's with 15/41 and I wish I had street tires.

It was during a GP race, so I had my knobbies on. They vibrated enough to scare me, but the straight was only about two blocks, so I just held on.

405009[/snapback]

Really?? I have the same gearing and tires and rode about 20mi on the rode in 6th the whole way and occasionally hitting top speed and mine was a really smooth ride and I have made this ride numerous times. I would think there was someting wrong with your bike or maybe some mud in your rims. :confused:

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

I've been 81 with stock gearing according to my GPS. I've also done it on the road next to two different vehicles and they both said ~80mph. That's absolutely all it's got in it though as I was in 6th for probably 30+ seconds.

My knobby tires do pretty good on pavement...no bad shakes UNLESS I have even a little mud in my wheels...then it's a rattle trap.

I've done 82mph at Atco with stock gearing, T5's, Rad Valves, Vito's power pistons, K&N, jets, and I think thats about it. If I remember correct it was a 14.8 at 82, a 14.9 at 79, and a 14.9 at 81 that night.