breaking 100mph?

Beatles feel like bullets over 70.Some bugs wil bend the fins on a radiator.That remins me of an ol'timers joke. What's the last thing that goes through a bugs mind when he smacks the windshield?                            -----His ass!!

405230[/snapback]

I've noticed that on my truck.

God damned bugs here have taken their toll on the radiator in my truck.

You wouldn't think something that weighs .00000000000004 lbs and is fragile as fuck, bending a fin on a radiator at 65.

I did have something funny happen once.

I was riding in a newly painted 68 Camaro, and the driver was showing me his new trans-brake.

We hit about 110 without a windsheild when this fucking bug....all I saw was a brown thin line in the air..don't know what it was...hits me right in the middle of the fuckin forehead.

WHACK

It hurt alot.

:huh:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my banshee pinned on a 1/2 mile before with 17/39 gears, I dont have all the hp in the world but I know I had to pretty damn close to 100 and I was running 2nd in the race. The dust and little pebbles flying up made my face look like it had been sand blasted. I think you have to have a death wish to go that fast all the time.

Guest blew duece

i think the clue is "sand" his tires could be four foot fuckin tall....geared like that in the sand? i think 60mph felt like 100 to him....if he's doing a 100 mph on his quad in the sand and not on a 25,000 dollar drag Shee, i have a bible he can autograph..........

impossible with them gears.75 would be a feat.

405389[/snapback]

Look it wasn't like a 1/8 mile run more like a 1/2 mile downhill no bumps, no turns, no people and I'm a light weight 150-152 lbs. This speed was done with race gas, and recorded by a gps. B) I know theres no way for me to do it in a 1/8 mile distance. :D

Edited by Ultimateduner

Guest blew duece
Look it wasn't like a 1/8 mile run more like a 1/2 mile downhill no bumps, no turns, no people and I'm a light weight 150-152 lbs. This speed was done with race gas, and recorded by a gps.  B)  I know theres no way for me to do it in a 1/8 mile distance. :D

405753[/snapback]

theres a math equasion involved here, uphill downhill it doesnt matter geared like that with those size tires the motor can only spin so many rpm's youd have to have been turning about 13,500 rpm's in which case the motor would have imploded at around 11,500...when you stated you did a 100mph with that gearing was kinda like you told us all you made some wings and flapped them and you flew.......you sure you wernt doing 70.2 mph and it felt like a 100?, cause 70 is haulin ass on a quad...you could have 1000 horsepower going down hill with a 300 mph wind at your back and with that tranny and those gears your gonna do 70 mph+ but you'll get great gas milage doing it...... :cheers:

yeah, GPS is horribly inaccurate when you are going up and down hills....

I reset my gps at Glamis. Rode the entire weekend, then pulled it back out to see how far we had ridden and all that. It said my top speed was like 87 some mph, but there is no way i was going that fast, i never even topped her out in 6th all weekend!

yeah, GPS is horribly inaccurate when you are going up and down hills....

I reset my gps at Glamis.  Rode the entire weekend, then pulled it back out to see how far we had ridden and all that.  It said my top speed was like 87 some mph, but there is no way i was going that fast, i never even topped her out in 6th all weekend!

405829[/snapback]

that sounds like a good explanation. Radar would be a lot more acurate, and that isn't 100%.

I went 79.?? on a 500ft asphalt dragstrip with 14/42 and it was rung out,tongue dragging the ground. I run 16/41 now and it is a whole lot faster on top, haven't been back to the track with it. 90 would be a good give or take guesstimate