Tranny Fluid

Dead Op

Is this shit  safe to use?? Im tired of paying $10 a oil change using belray gear saver!

403185[/snapback]

Well it takes the pounding of a lifetime. I run it all winter HARD and all summer and it never slips and shifts smooth. I get a 2 gallon jug from Farm and Fleet for about $8. So far I've used about a quart.

I look at it this way... if it can handle the abuse of moving a huge John Deere around for 14 hours a day in the hot sun, it can handle what I do to it.

Holyman is the one who got me onto this stuff. It shifts as smooth as ATF but lasts WAY longer. ATF looks like piss after one ride, this stuff I only change after 2-3 because I feel bad. $8 at walmart for 2 gallons. I run hard. Lots of power shifts, clutching every corner, and it puts up with it great :clap:

80 wt Bel-Ray Gearsaver - changed about every... :confused: whenever i feel like doing it i guess, or when i pull the cover for something. usually before any all day ride or poker run though. both of which are few and far between. every 3 rides like most guys seem to do could be once a month for me. # of hrs :shrugani: not a clue. if it looks too dark when i check it, vs. the bright red when new, i'll change it. B)

Ive been using valvoline 10/40 because that is what i run in my street bike, i change every few rides.

402757[/snapback]

that is a bad idea, your street bike is a four stroke, and the oil lubes the head and valves,,,, you should think about switching to something heavy like 80-90 weight some thing like that,,,,,, like i said i use the honda 2 stroke wet clutch 80-90 wieght in the red bottle... my .02