Grips want to slide off

BrianEb

I use 3M spray 90

402601[/snapback]

That's the best stuff bar none. It's the super trim adhesive 088090 but it may just say 90 now. Another product I think would work good though I havent tried is liquid nails. I can never get the damn stuff off my hands so it's bound to stick grips.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use an air compressor, stick the nossle underneath the grip inflate it to put it on and let off. Been doing it for years, never had to spend a dime.  :headbang:

402688[/snapback]

Thats what I use and it seems to work good, but you have to cut a little hole on each end for the air and have another person hold the other grip when you put the last one on. I dident and it flew off and hit my brother :lol: . Also you dont have to cut your grips to get them off, just shoot air in the hole on the and and pull the grip off.

YUP 3M SPRAY TRIM ADHESIVE. LITTLE TRICK SAND YOUR BARS UNDER THE GRIPS WITH SOME 8O GRIT TO GIVE THE GLUE A PLACE TO STICK AND THEN SPRAY WITH BRAKE CLEANER AND LET DRY THEN USE 3M SPRAY TRIM ADHESIVE AND COAT THE BARS AND INSIDE OF GRIPS PUT ON AND ADJUST AND LET SIT OVER NITE. NEVER COME LOOSE ON ME THAT WAY. ALTHOUGH I LIKE THE BELT DRESSING IDEA. I WILL HAVE TO GIVE THAT ATRY. THAT IS SOME STICKY CRAP.BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU RIDDEN OVER A 4 STROKE LATELY?

It's funny how everyone has their own ideas on what to do and most probably work. hairspray and spray paint didn't work for me. what's worked the best is 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive in the red tube. You can get it at any auto parts and this stuff sticks. I usually put one thin layer and let it sit for 30 seconds and the goop on one good layer over that and slam the grip on, just be sure to hurry, it doesn't wait around.

Scott

weather strip adhesive or any silicone adhesive, I use this stuff called "GLOOZIT", and its insane, I accidentialy got some on my front tire and almost 2 years later it still won't come off.