Stator Pickup broke off of the adjustment bracket

vdubn

Last week while riding the dunes in Oregon, my sons Banshee just died, and ultimately we found that there was no spark at all.

After pulling the side cover, it became immediately obvious what the problem was. The flywheel came in contact with the stator pickup and broke it off. In looking at the pickup bracket that the pickup mounts to, it appears that someone had tried to adjust their gap by bending the bracket, and it eventually just fatigued until it broke.

Either way, the pickup was destroyed, and on an emergency, I spent $360 for a factory piece of junk one just to get riding. The bike works great, but the other stator is a monster. It is easily double any of the high output stators I have seen (it was double the 250watt one they had at the shop).

So, I would have bought the other aftermarket stator at the shop, for less money, except that it didn't come with the pickup (mine was destroyed). Can I get a pickup by itself, or take one off of another stator so that I can continue to use the main part of this high output stator?

Thanks for any help...

Can I get a pickup by itself, or take one off of another stator so that I can continue to use the main part of this high output stator?

401114[/snapback]

Cole, you sure you wasn't thinking of something else when you posted that link? I dunno I just got something different. 

fuck i dunno. thats a single banshee pickup coil.

always hatin brad.............................. <_<