CPI sealingl issues?

When we put on my cpi's my buddy did it while i was doing something else and he seemed to remeber there was a sealing groove on the collector where it mounts to the jug, i know he didnt put a o-ring in there because nothing came with the pipes and now when i run my bike it smokes from the jug to pipe area and i get oil blown on my feet, also the connection between the front and rear pipe does the same thing, do i just need to tear them back of and get seals for them or were they not included for a reason and you dont run them?

I had the same problem. What i did was i bought some exhaust orings for a 125 dirtbike.

They are a fatter oring plus the inner diameter is a little smaller so they dont get squished out when the jug and the header are "mashed" together. I also used some "copper liquid gasket" and made a bead around the exhaust flange on the jug. And VIOLA! no more leaks! :cheers:

Good luck

Also i use the stock "seals" for the connection between the header and the tailpipe. They just seem to seal better then those fancy aluminum ones.