Got some suspension questions?

2004LEBanshee

I recently went riding and bent a stock shock. I have always wanted a little up grade in the suspension area. The problem is I need a few things maintence wise for the shee and my jeep, and I am kinda straped for cash right now. I have been looking into a set of 450 shocks and works. I really dont want to buy stockers again and cant afford top of the line shocks.

My dilema starts here. I have always wanted to get +2 a-arms.

How would 450 shocks do on a +2 setup?

How would works shocks setup for +2 do on a stock length a-arms untill I could buy the arms?

How much do they charge to mod the works from stock length shocks to +2 setup??

Thanks.

we have a suspension forum now.........................

but here we go.

1. i feel as though they would be very soft and under valved. But maybe not, thats just speculation since ive never tried it.

2. they would be stiff.

3. they dont change the shock length. just stiffer springs, and different valving. im not sure on the cost, but i think sredish had his elkas done once. PM him and ask.

1. i feel as though they would be very soft and under valved.  But maybe not, thats just speculation since ive never tried it.

no. they are too stiff for stock arms. i feel theyd be perfect with +2.

2. they would be stiff.

see reply to number 1.

3. they dont change the shock length.  just stiffer springs, and different valving.  im not sure on the cost, but i think sredish had his elkas done once.  PM him and ask.

397721[/snapback]

the 450 shocks are a couple inches longer than stock. thats why they will wokr best with a +2 arm. i would recommend the 450 shocks, you can get a set for around 200 bucks that will be a huge improvement over stock...

see reply to number 1.

397743[/snapback]

are you sure? it seems like since they would be sprung for the longer arm, putting them on the stock length would decrease the leverage ratio. giving the illusion of a stiffer spring.

are you sure?  it seems like since they would be sprung for the longer arm, putting them on the stock length would decrease the leverage ratio.  giving the illusion of a stiffer spring.

397780[/snapback]

yes on a stock arm they seem stiffer. your #1 says they would be too soft...thats what i was replying to. were you not referring to the 450 shocks?

I guess im just stupid, because it disappeared in my workspace. Gone...

And the link that you sent me isnt working

397781[/snapback]

i dont know what the deal is. it works fine for me. click on it and bam it pops right up...

Funny, I don't see the suspension forum either. And loco's link return an error saying it was either out of date or broken.  :confused:

397803[/snapback]

?? wtf haha. its right there...

Weird. I can see the suspension forum just fine.

:huh:

397857[/snapback]

we are just cool stan!!!

I cant see that fucker. I could for a while, but cant see it anymore.

Whats up Lee? Is it a display issue?

397872[/snapback]

gotta be in the totally cool guys club :P