Recreational Elka VS. Works w/rez

VicBan

I just bought a LoneStar Racing A=Arm Kit and I'm looking for a pair of shocks. Im deciding between buying the Regular ELKA shocks(dual rate) or the WORKS AT-STEELERS W/REZ(dual rate). Since both are around the same price I don't know which ones to buy... I know Elka are better, but if I don't have the rezzys on the ELKAS and the WORKS come with them... WHICH WOULD BE THE BETTER CHOICE?

dont really feel that much of a change i heard.

396737[/snapback]

You heard wrong!! ;)

Vic really depends on the riding you do. If your just a trail rider or dune rider and not looking to adjust your suspension based on each and every change in terrain, then works is a great shock. If you need very accurate suspension control cause "every second counts" to you, then look at some elka's or some of the high end adjustable works. Buy what you need and not what you don't. If you hit big jumps and rough terrain for long periods of time, then get rezi's with them also.

I do a lot of trail riding and I hit the dunes sometimes. I just want to have a smooth ride without jumping on every bump. The reason I was asking it's because the WORKS with REZ are around the same price as the ELKAS without the REZ. So if trail riding and dunes are the only places I go. Which option would be the best? I can get them for around $450 both. If you know of a cheaper place please let me know

The works will give a more Plush ride.

The elkas are more durable, and will last longer. You can always upgrade the non ressy elkas to the high end with ressies. The elkas will be more of an aggressive valving then the works.

Elkas have 5/8" shafts and use the same valving for the recs as the high end stuff.

Elkas also have a higher resale value then the works.

If plushness is a factor go wtih the works, If you plan to do some aggressive trail riding/duning, Id go with the Elka Dune series personally.

where can I get the ELKAS for a good price. They have them on ebay for 450 with free shipping.

397005[/snapback]

Order them from Elka...less chance for error..

Eric @ 800-557-0552

I just bought a LoneStar Racing A=Arm Kit and I'm looking for a pair of shocks. Im deciding between buying the Regular ELKA shocks(dual rate) or the WORKS AT-STEELERS W/REZ(dual rate). Since both are around the same price I don't know which ones to buy... I know Elka are better, but if I don't have the rezzys on the ELKAS and the WORKS come with them... WHICH WOULD BE THE BETTER CHOICE?

396319[/snapback]

I had at-steelers dual rate sold them. Personaly I thought they SUCK. Had them for about three years. Went out and bought elkas just last year. Way better. I'll say it again ---WAY BETTER--- both these shocks no/rez

How much are they if I order them from ELKA??? I've sent 2 email and they haven't respond yet since saturday.

397240[/snapback]

i called elka and they answered on the first ring. just call them. just got my raptor shocks from them. very easy and good to work with...

• 2 weeks later...

I have Works "Stadium Series" on my 250R and they are great... they are Works version of the Zero Preload shocks... on my Banshee I had PEP Limited Mass which were real popular a few years ago. I personally like the Works Stadium Series because they make the ATV sit real low because of Zero Preload which helps in the curves and they stretch out when U jump