Banshee sputtering before powerband?

I know this has been dicussed but I could find the thread. I had my bike out yesterday and its was really bogging before the powerband. But once it hit the powerband it was crazy fast. What could cause the rough running (bogging) before I hit my powerband. It is not the air cleaner or bad fuel. But, I was only running 91 octane with 20cc domes. Usually in Kansas this has no effect. I'm running 40:1. Any ideas

I just had the same prob. I had to drop one size main jet AND drop my needle one.

394823[/snapback]

What jets and needle postion are you running? I have pretty much the same mods and am running 340 mains with the needle on the second clip at 1,000 feet above sea level.

I have experianced this same problem lately,,,,I have no mods on the engine,

- I was getting a problem where the engine was bogging out when you hit the throttle,but would idle all day,,

- I removed the carbs, cleaned them thouroughly, took out the reeds and miked them and they are right on the spec.

- I replaced the air cleaner filter

- I put it all back to gether and no more bogging ,except when I left the gas on ,my carbs leak after a while with the gas on.

- I adjusted the idle setscrews to 2 turns as the manual says,,,no differecne, tried running them in 1/2 turn no difference

its not a terrible sputter,but its aggravating getting the R's up when i want

- it was not doing this bfore i experianced the bogging problems.

- it seems like I have made a change somewhere with all i have done, any suggestions.

- its power is still great when the RPM's get up,,,and if you keep them up, no sputter.

- This is when the sputter started.

Thx in advance

K.Krieger banghead

I have experianced this same problem lately,,,,I have no mods on the engine,

- I was getting a problem where the engine was bogging out when you hit the throttle,but would idle all day,,

- I removed the carbs, cleaned them thouroughly, took out the reeds and miked them and they are right on the spec.

- I replaced the air cleaner filter

- I put it all back to gether and no more bogging ,except when I left the gas on ,my carbs leak after a while with the gas on.

- I adjusted the idle setscrews to 2 turns as the manual says,,,no differecne, tried running them in 1/2 turn no difference

its not a terrible sputter,but its aggravating getting the R's up when i want

- it was not doing this bfore i experianced the bogging problems.

- it seems like I have made a change somewhere with all i have done, any suggestions.

- its power is still great when the RPM's get up,,,and if you keep them up, no sputter.

- This is when the sputter started.

Thx in advance

K.Krieger  banghead

395273[/snapback]

My carb does the same thing,I just put it on off ,when I shut her down.Ive had that problem for a year now.Hope you get an answer for the both of us.