450r won the overall GNC Pro class this year. John Natalie.

450r is currently in second place overall in the GNCC pro class. Chris Borich

Both of these guys are factory Honda racers now. Chris finally got his contract with Honda, he's been racin' em for along time, its about time Honda stepped up and backed him.  Tim Farr is the other Honda factory rider. He's in 3rd or 4th overall in the GNC circuit.  Gust and Jones are both racing Suzuki's and they're both in and out of the top 5 overall all season long. Wheres them motorcross Yammys  :cry: ??

Those GOKI electric starters are crap tho, the one they're sellin for the honda looks just like the one they tried sellin me back in '88 for my 230 QuadSport. You'd be better off makin your own.  Honda released an electric start CRF based trail bike this year, rumor has it the same setup will be on the '06 450rs, and if they don't get put on in '06, they'll prolly def get it in '07.  Every XC race I'v been too..... there's always 2 or 3 Hondas sitting on the starting line with their riders kickin and kickin and kickin and kickin and kickin while the rest of the pack is allready through the first corner.

Someone please edit "puddlejumpers" YFZ sig picture plz :shrugani:

395968[/snapback]

you got a point there meat. but some of that depends on the factory involvment. suzuki and honda both have great support and are great to work with. Yamaha has Kory Ellis and Keith Little(I think) both racing mx for them but yamaha has still to get seriosuly involved with factory support imo. on the xc races ballance and borch have been going at it and i guess they are pretty close. we shall see who wins

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add a cam and a silencer and I promise your stock Raptor will be babyshit. 

As I said:

395786[/snapback]

My STOCK raptor will be babyshit :P, Let me put some LTE's on with an aftermarket cam and we'll see who's the babyshit :ph34r:. (I can't talk right now since my raptor is in like 98132 peices)

I was just joking about the ex's since you guys were complaining that your banshees can't keep up with them :rotflmao:.

And as far as Honda I'm not totally "dissing" them, The ARE reliable, decent bikes. I'm just saying, as far as speed goes, everyone goes with Yamaha :shrugani: .

And trust me I've been to the track and have witnessed 450rs tearing it up. I just like the YFZ better :lol:

i freakin hate 450r's soo much they are the most crappiest quad ever they look so gay and they aren't even close to the power of a yfz or a banshee...my freind has one and all he does and can do is wheelie....pretty gay :yank:

396223[/snapback]

That is the most ignorant post i've ever read on the HQ.

Mike

from what Ive seen the 450R isnt a bad quad at all. I do think the YFZ is better in everyway that it, but not by much. The honda costs less too, which gives it some catch up room. Although I think it is ugly as sin. They should have just put 250R plastic on it..that would be sweet.

Im glad we are to the day when no one builds a truely disapointing quasi Hi performance quad ala 400ex

Also foreward kick is the devil...Honda needs to just learn to put a cut in the right fender like everyone else does :wacko:

Yamaha needs to get some better factory riders to showcase their quads for MX. They should have jumped on Natalie 2 years ago instead of Kory Ellis.

I raced a yfz in a cross country race last year and I thought it was the shit.... until I rode a pissed off 450r the other day. The yfz sucks compared to the 450r. A friend of mine has 2 450r's and one of them has some motor work done and that bike will haul ass. If I had a choice I would buy the 450r.