Stock Motor

Hey fellas,

Motor will stay stock regardless,So here's my?

With the TR-6 pipes and airbox mod and lower gearing,

What, if any other mods can I use to give me more low end?

1. single carb-what size,brand

2.different reeds & spacers-what brand

3.how about the ignition-don't know much about the keys and plates.

Any help or suggestions would be great! :)

same goes for a boost bottle, they're JUNK...the above mods will helpa lot, and if you have 300-400 bucks to spend on a single carb setup i would do it, i run a graydon proline 2:1 setup with a keihin 35mm carb with a K&N, works great, more low end, and the same top end..good luck with your banshee and remember a banshee is not made for low end, if that's all you're after go buy a 4 stroke :wacko:

~Mark~

same goes for a boost bottle, they're JUNK...the above mods will helpa  lot, and if you have 300-400 bucks to spend on a single carb setup i would do it, i run a graydon proline 2:1 setup with a keihin 35mm carb with a K&N, works great, more low end, and the same top end..good luck with your banshee and remember a banshee is not made for low end, if that's all you're after go buy a 4 stroke  :wacko:

~Mark~

393219[/snapback]

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info and I will deff look into all your suggestions!

I realize that banshees are not really low end motors,but I do know that

there were some ways to gain a little more. It's actually my sons and he

absolutely loves it.But He wanted to know if we could get some more off the

bottom and I told him that I would research,hence joining this great site for info! :clap:

As far as a stroker,Here's what I ride.I've got all the bottom end I need! :D

pic10.jpg

If your looking for more "bottom end torque" I personally would NOT recommend lightening the flywheel. Coolhead w/domes, timing plate +4, v-force reeds, Play port will all help the torque and fun factor!!!

If your looking for more "bottom end torque" I personally would NOT recommend lightening the flywheel. Coolhead w/domes, timing plate +4, v-force reeds,  Play port will all help the torque and fun factor!!!

393280[/snapback]

i agree. lightning the flywheel will kill your bottom end even more. noss head with 20cc domes, advance timing and v force will make a huge difference. if you wanna feel more power without actually making anymore you can gear it down some. i personally would go with a woods port and youll have tons of low end. eric gorr does an excellent one for about 250 bucks...

from my experiance my rockets have more torque than my old school gold series.that tells you something right there.on my shee its a stock bore,stock stroke,with a agressive mx,trail port.with some other goodies of course.the only reason i may be getting rid of them is because im getting into dirt drags,and like the outa frames for the bling effect.but lets not make this a pissing match,please.

i agree. lightning the flywheel will kill your bottom end even more. noss head with 20cc domes, advance timing and v force will make a huge difference. if you wanna feel more power without actually making anymore you can gear it down some. i personally would go with a woods port and youll have tons of low end. eric gorr does an excellent one for about 250 bucks...

393299[/snapback]

If your looking for more "bottom end torque" I personally would NOT recommend lightening the flywheel. Coolhead w/domes, timing plate +4, v-force reeds, Play port will all help the torque and fun factor!!!

--------------------

F.A.S.T. Jeff

Thanks fastoys and loco.I pretty much new that lighting the flywheel was a no no for me!

Where do I find out more about this guy eric gorr----loco? and this playport ----Jeff? :unsure:

for lowend? isn't that a drag pipe

393307[/snapback]

on my 4mm setup my rockets made 3 more ft lbs of torque than cpi. they also came on sooner and pulled harder. dyno sheet is on the rocket website.

According to some people on this site, Rockets do it all.  " If they aren't Rockets they aren't worth buying".....I've heard this somewhere? :D

393322[/snapback]

like i stated above, on some setups they will outperform many pipes on the bottom. mine made more than cpi, and id be willing to bet on that same setup would make more than shearers. im not saying that cpi or shearers are bad pipes, because they arent. just that rockets will more than likely have more bottom end than either of them.

from my experiance my rockets have more torque than my old school gold series.that tells you something right there.on my shee its a stock bore,stock stroke,with a agressive mx,trail port.with some other goodies of course.the only reason i may be getting rid of them is because im getting into dirt drags,and like the outa frames for the bling effect.but lets not make this a pissing match,please.

393329[/snapback]

i believe it for sure. plus you get the top end...

--------------------

F.A.S.T. Jeff

Thanks fastoys and loco.I pretty much new that lighting the flywheel was a no no for me!

Where do I find out more about this guy eric gorr----loco? and this playport ----Jeff?  :unsure:

393337[/snapback]

www.eric-gorr.com he does a very nice woods port for 250 bucks. it seriously rips. with t5's, v force reeds and smaller domes my brothers old setup was insane for the trails. instant power that came on around 4000rpm peaking around 9000rpm. talk to jeff about his playport. i am not experienced with it but if jeff's doin it im sure itll rip. im guessing hell port it to make power down low as opposed to up high.

• 2 weeks later...

Hollywood, shoot me a pm if your interested or need anything. I assure you that are playport will pull the azz out of a Rhino and pull hard everywhere. :D Not the fastest in a "drag" race (although very competive) but VERY fun to ride the way a "play port" should be !!!