New Topend

Evening all,

:cheers:

I just finished my first top end rebuild. 30 over bore, superlites, Coolhead w/20 cm domes...... :clap:

Shee fired up fine . After 15 minutes of slow riding with an occasional rip, I check the plugs. The left cyliner seems a bit darker that the other. I started again and noticed the left cylinder was not blowing as much smoke as the right. The pressure of the exhaust did not seem as strong on the darker plug. This leads me to believe the compression might be different. Should I be concerned about this since the rings are still wearing in? Or, did I dot do something wrong? The coolhead maybe? Those o-rings suck, couldnt get them to stay in the grooves...

BTW, Money well spent. I can't believe the difference.

Those drag bikes gotta be a blast! :headbang:

Edited by DBLtapS

t-6s

took the head off and the left cylinder is f'ed. Looks like the ring caught one of the ports and tored it all up. Just ordered a new topend kit. Gonna bore it .60 over. And take the cylinders to a diff shop. For those of you in Michigan, stay away from Funk motorsports in Flatrock....