Elka and LT Mfgs.

BrianEb

If Elka works with all the Long Travel Mfg like (Roll Design, Jannsen, ATV 4-Play, SandDragon ect.) like they say they do why are Roll Design's Arms priced out of peoples range $3,000 over 1795. It seems to be a no brainer. I can't beleive extended testing would jack the price up that much.

I'm really surprised they can charge that much for them.

If Elka works with all the Long Travel Mfg like (Roll Design, Jannsen, ATV 4-Play, SandDragon ect.) like they say they do why are Roll Design's Arms priced out of peoples range $3,000 over 1795. It seems to be a no brainer. I can't beleive extended testing would jack the price up that much.

390132[/snapback]

Good observation Brian. Lonestar is the same way as a few other company's. They may have paid NASA to test and develop their products but did it inturn create a better product? If so lets hear about it. I say they need to justify their costs when there is other equipment that will last a lifetime of abuse and perform just as good for a lot less. ;) I call it the Harley principle. :D

I cant speak to Roll Design stuff other than Steering Stems and Swingers. In 15 + years of racing quads, I have NEVER had a failure. Would I have with a stocker or a cheaper brand? Dont know. Wasnt willing to find out.

As far as A Arms, I have used LSR exclusively and have felt that I have always gotten what I paid for. I have been able to get replacement heims, rechrome service, etc. LSR arms, as far as I am concerned are as good or better than anything in the business. I raced TT so I probably did not abuse mine like a MX or XC guy would, but nevertheless, their stuff has been good for me.

Like someone said before, you get what you pay for, especially with racing, specialty components.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary.

They can charge that much b/c they know people will pay it... same reason cd's are 18$ and why fuckin 30 packs of beer are up to 25$ now. The arms that i'm running (jrd) work with custom axis... just like elka/roll setup. They're ment for each other... my fuckin front end cost a hair under 3000$.

Mike

i would never in my life pay that much for arms. to me, 4130 chromoly tig welded is 4130 chromoly tig welded...get my point? among the big name guys i seriously doubt that there is that much difference in strength and quality. i had my new craptor arms custom built with whatever i wanted for 500 bucks.they are 4130 chromoly tig welded. i would trust them just as much as roll, lsr, or anyone else for that matter...

meat, im with you man. fuck paying arm and leg prices when the "smaller" companies can produce the same thing. ill prolly never run roll stuff just because of their price. quicksand and eyeball are less known but to me have withstood my tests. i have never broke one of their products...ill stick with them for now..

I got my ass chewed out for asking this same question. How come I get shit when I ask why stuff cost so much.

Cause you sound like a bitch when you ask, that's why. Get over it, you got schooled.

If you think that it's too much don't pay it. But don't think for a second that everyone uses the same materials, the same quality control, and the same designs.

To a point, you get what you pay for, but after that, you pay a lot more for a little more performance. It's called diminishing returns.

Be happy with what you got, any buy what you like.

hey monkeyboy you can suck my cock. You can call it bitching, I call it sticking up for myself. Iv helped literaly hundreds of people on this forum, through emails and with my old website, sold and traded parts, made lots of freinds and met alot BHQ members, you have no clue that iv been posting here since the very beginning of this forum... and NEVER NOT ONCE have I had words with anyone here before Walter ripped into me. Im about as nice a guy as you'll find. I fucking bend over backwards for people here. Walter and Brooke didnt try to "school me" because I "asked my questions like a bitch", it was something deeper that had em pissed. What, I don't know ? Brooke said that "it was the way I asked" and I was "being coy". fucking bullshit if you ask me. Walter wont even say what pissed him off. Here's a guy Iv known for 5 or so years, talked freindly too many a time.... we've sold each other parts, traded parts.... never had a single problem with the guy. I don't know what set him off, I tried to explain that I wasnt' being "coy" when I asked my questions. If anyone would take the time to read what I wrote, I agreed with everything he said about the banshee geometery being too fucked up to be worthwhile. But only a few newbie members saw that, while others pulled out thier knives and stabbed me in the back.

show me where "I got schooled" ? When Walter gave me the big lecture on how to run a business ?

Loco, we wrote nearly identical comments on this high price subject. "4130 chromoly tig welded is 4130 chromoly tig welded" why did I get "schooled" by Walter and you got a civilized reply like I was asking for. Why did I get jumped, what did I do to piss people off ? Someone tell me ? Brooke, wanna explain again what I said that was so bad that Walter wont post here anymore ??

I'v been riding quads since '85 and three wheelers years before that, I ride twice a week everyweek... for the past 20 years. Im involved with all the local hairscrambles and the GNCC circuit, I ride with the top pro racers in the country. While you fuckers ride the sand maybe three times a year and think you know everything there is to know about everything. So once again "monkey" you can suck my big freaking cockmeat you POS know-it-all.

:cheers::P;)

Edited by Meat

It's the cosumers right to ask why something costs so much.Just like what RNBRAD stated it's the Harley principal.Just because their product is on Yokley or Ballance's ride jacks the price up even higher.

I've learned alot from you Meat.Keep posting and ignore the disrespectful and ignorant few. :)

You want an honest and civilized answer? You come off as an asshole. You sound like you are trying to help, then make snide comments on the side. Then when confromted, you cower and want pity cause you were just trying to help.

Can't speak for Brooke, or Walter, just what I have seen.

You can choose to hate me, I don't care. Heck we often have the same take on a subject. I am just commenting on the way you voice your opinion.

390132[/snapback]

Roll Design has a ex F1 engineer designing their parts. They are set up to be indestructable, and race tested. Very few other Banshee suspesnion setups get raced anymore. If you so desire, you can post suspension setups, and we can critrique them. Try to make it blind (no manufacturer visable). You would be surprised the poor designs you see on expensive stuff.

i would never in my life pay that much for arms. to me, 4130 chromoly tig welded is 4130 chromoly tig welded...get my point? among the big name guys i seriously doubt that there is that much difference in strength and quality. i had my new craptor arms custom built with whatever i wanted for 500 bucks.they are 4130 chromoly tig welded. i would trust them just as much as roll, lsr, or anyone else for that matter...

meat, im with you man. fuck paying arm and leg prices when the "smaller" companies can produce the same thing. ill prolly never run roll stuff just because of their price. quicksand and eyeball are less known but to me have withstood my tests. i have never broke one of their products...ill stick with them for now..

390824[/snapback]

I didn't say I paid it... the shit is over-priced and that's all there is to it.

Mike