thats a HUUUGE fish...

"Others have made claims of finding larger sturgeon, but the International Game Fishing Association says the largest sturgeon on record is 468 pounds. That fish has also held the record for largest freshwater fish caught."

What i can't figure out is why they called a sturgeon a freshwater fish..THEY'RE NOT!!!! :blink:

~Mark~

my uncle holds the record catfish in clear lake in california. I forget how big it was. I think it was around 200 lbs or something. I bet that thing was hard to get in. 646lbs. thats ginormous. I wonder how long it takes to get that big and if it gets bigger? and some sturgeons are freshwater fish.

Edited by iceman

fresh water fish are cool but im into ocean fishing its just a benifet of living in san diego..tuna fishing is the best..we go out every summer after albacore and yellow fin tuna...if you have never tryed it you have to take a trip out here in mid to late summer and do it..the averige fish is 20 to 40 lbs and you will see them get as big as 500 but thats rare..although last year we hooked up to a school that averagged 175lbs that was fun as hell

Take a few fish that size in this country and noodling would be a dead sport, as well as a few noodlers.

388108[/snapback]

what the hell is noodeling????

Reminds me of a time when was swimming down in Guantanamo Bay,Cuba.Bunch of us went out snorkleing,swam out pretty far,dove down to check things out.I turned aound under water and looked toward the open sea and nearly shit my shorts when I saw a fish,tuna fish, shark I dont know what it was all I can remember It was as big as i was and was fast!That was the last time I swam in the ocean!!!!