BHQ Fall Trip

I thought about that yesterday....better hope the storm doesn't stall out over LS!!!!  :o 

It's supposed to make landfall on Saturday and be up in the Oklahoma area by Monday/Tuesday

417456[/snapback]

Travis, you gonna make it?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis, you gonna make it?

417509[/snapback]

I am unable to for a couple reasons...let's just say that next trip I plan will be by myself without my friends (locally) like I did last year. banghead I made the mistake of inviting my riding buddies from Memphis to go along too, then one of them had their truck stolen, and the other one has a beater for a truck that wouldn't make it on its own, so I made arrangements to try and take my family RV. Got the RV back from my brother (who trashed it), spent a grand on new tires, maintenance, etc., got ready to take it to the dealership to have a trailor hitch put on it and they wanted 7, almost 800 dollars to put the trailor hitch on it. I was about to do it but then the gas prices skyrocketed so we all got discouraged and just gave up. Total cost of the trip including the RV maintenance, trailor hitch, and gas would have totaled to almost 3 grand spent for about two days riding and 18 hours driving. :(

Granted, I could come by myself but knowing how bad my friends wanted to go too I couldn't just ditch them, at least not this time. I wouldn't want them to do that to me so I won't do it to them....aside from the fact that one of those friends helped me out A LOT in getting my banshee together.

I just won't be inviting any of them in the future unless they have their own means to get there...trying to accomodate for them has been TOO much hassle and has cost me a trip to the dunes.

I'll be heading up to LS probably in the early spring though, whether it's an HQ meetup or not, I gotta ride this banshee in the sand!!!

I am unable to for a couple reasons...let's just say that next trip I plan will be by myself without my friends (locally) like I did last year.  banghead  I made the mistake of inviting my riding buddies from Memphis to go along too, then one of them had their truck stolen, and the other one has a beater for a truck that wouldn't make it on its own, so I made arrangements to try and take my family RV. Got the RV back from my brother (who trashed it), spent a grand on new tires, maintenance, etc., got ready to take it to the dealership to have a trailor hitch put on it and they wanted 7, almost 800 dollars to put the trailor hitch on it. I was about to do it but then the gas prices skyrocketed so we all got discouraged and just gave up. Total cost of the trip including the RV maintenance, trailor hitch, and gas would have totaled to almost 3 grand spent for about two days riding and 18 hours driving.  :(

Granted, I could come by myself but knowing how bad my friends wanted to go too I couldn't just ditch them, at least not this time. I wouldn't want them to do that to me so I won't do it to them....aside from the fact that one of those friends helped me out A LOT in getting my banshee together.

I just won't be inviting any of them in the future unless they have their own means to get there...trying to accomodate for them has been TOO much hassle and has cost me a trip to the dunes.

I'll be heading up to LS probably in the early spring though, whether it's an HQ meetup or not, I gotta ride this banshee in the sand!!!

417520[/snapback]

Understand, though I wish you could make it. :cry: I never plan a trip based on my friends. I've gone to LS a many times by myself for that very reason. Same thing happened this time too. My friend ended up selling his quad cause he started school this fall and the trip has been planned. Things just come up and have a way of changing plans. We will definitely hook-up in the future. :cheers:

Understand, though I wish you could make it.  :cry:  I never plan a trip based on my friends. I've gone to LS a many times by myself for that very reason. Same thing happened this time too. My friend ended up selling his quad cause he started school this fall and the trip has been planned. Things just come up and have a way of changing plans. We will definitely hook-up in the future.  :cheers:

417524[/snapback]

Yeah, I know..it really sucks!! You (in general) try to be nice and include your friends, etc. and then you get crapped on...lol

I didn't want to let it piss me off, I know the dunes aren't going anywhere, I figured I'll get another chance to go soon enough!!

I definitely hope to hook up with you (and everyone else too) to ride in the near future!! I know you'll be wanting to go out again once you rip that cub around LS :evil: