carb boring ?

glamis

rdz racing says that they can bore your carbs for $35 a carb . I called and they said you can bore your carbs up to 28mm . would it be worth it to buy new carbs or have them bored out . im getting a 420 kit from trinity racing . im also kind of on a budget. :shrugani:

You can't bore stock carbs out to 28mm the slide isn't that wide. Some bore them to about 27mm then taper them out to 28mm. If you don't offset the new bore up then the slide won't close enough to idle down. Not much a benefit. Run the stockers til you can buy bigger.

with a 420 kit, you should buy the carbs in my sig and sell your stockers.  you'd probably come out close to even as well, only I don't have a throttle cable, which'll run you another $35 or so.

387285[/snapback]

i bought 34mm tm's and paid 320 bucks. this is a screaming deal.

i bought 34mm tm's and paid 320 bucks. this is a screaming deal.

387610[/snapback]

thanks, that's what I keep trying to tell everybody but I guess they don't believe me.

anyways, when you getting that 420 kit? is it powervalved??

The "flat" refers to the slide thats in the carb. The different shapes or designs affect the way air flows in and around it. Mikuni flatslide carbs is all some engine builders will use.

from Sudco:

Mikuni

I bored my carbs to 27.5mm, then had to mod the slide, move the needle, tinker with idle and tune.

So if you ask me...... bore carbs+70$, tors eliminator+50, set-up BS+100 =220$, 30mm flat slide off ebay 250$ wich is an extra 30 bucks for carbs that are hihger perf, and won't have a sticky throttle in moist/wet conditions.