Sanddragon Banshee Long Travel A ams

sanddragon2004

Can someone explain the benefits of LT arms over +2 +1 arms for a Banshee

I want to get a set of arms but I'm totally confused as what to buy.

Because when you are dropping over 2Gs on arms I want the most bang for my buck.

Long Travel allows you to run a quad rate 19" shock, more progressive rate shock that will dampen much better then a standard dual rate 14" banshee shock which is what you will run with standard plus 2" arms, The difference is night and day.

Looks like Janssens to me. They are the only ones to make the upper arm bent like the lower. ????? The bump steer is terrible on LT banshee. The frame mounts are too far apart to make them steer correctly. Quad rate springs sag too much in hard corners like MX also. They make you enter and leave the corner on 3 wheels(inside rear will be air born) making you loose traction on exits.

Looks like Janssens to me. They are the only ones to make the upper arm bent like the lower. ????? The bump steer is terrible on LT banshee. The frame mounts are too far apart to make them steer correctly. Quad rate springs sag too much in hard corners like MX also. They make you enter and leave  the corner on 3 wheels(inside rear will be air born) making you loose traction on exits.

387575[/snapback]

Logo, AZ what brand of long travel have you run?

No these are not janseen. Fireball racing builds these. (builds janseens also).

Edited by sanddragon2004

Logo, AZ what brand of long travel have you run?

No these are not janseen. Fireball racing builds these. (builds janseens also).

387608[/snapback]

They arnt Jansen...these clearly have a different sticker on them than the jansens :P

I don't and wouldn't run Long Travel on a Banshee. I do on a 450 though. As for the banshee I have done the geometry and built proto types and have come to the conclusion WHY? The frames all wrong. As for the 13.5 travel. YOU CANNOT GET THAT MUCH. The stock ball joint on the tie rods will not allow this much wheel travel. A heim joint style is needed to achieve this much. Also with 13.5 a Banshee will stick the frame into the ground and hurt someone.

As for the term LONG TRAVEL its a hoax. Its actually long shock. You can get the same travel fron a stock length shock as a long shock if the geometry is set correctly. For a short shock you move the lower shock mount inwards towards the frame and use a bigger spring. If you use a longer shock you move the tabs out towards the spindle and use a softer spring. The ONLY advantage to a longer shock is that they hold more oil and will not fade as fast. 90% of the riders wouldn't be able to tell the difference between WORKS,ELKA and AXIS if they were set up right. The more springs is not necessarily better.

I was misquoting my fabricator its actually 11.8"s of travel. with a motion ration of 1:8

Sorry!

as for the geometry being all wrong. Any of you guys thinking of stepping up to Long Travel on a banshee for duning or for any other type of riding. I would suggest giving the Guys at elka suspension a call, ask for "eric" one of their senior guys over their running the EXACT same banshee suspension as seen in the pics.

I was misquoting my fabricator its actually 11.8"s of travel. with a motion ration of 1:8

Sorry!

as for the geometry being all wrong. Any of you guys thinking of stepping up to Long Travel on a banshee for duning or for any other type of riding. I would suggest giving the Guys at elka suspension a call, ask for "eric"  one of their senior guys over their running the EXACT same banshee suspension as seen in the pics.

389482[/snapback]

werd. eric has got to be the coolest guy at elka and is very helpful and will give you more then enough information :headbang: