fox shocks

royxc800

Has anyone ever tried putting some fox shocks on the front of their banshee before. Im thinking of trying a set of snowmobile shocks with softer valving and shortened with limiting spacers to control over extension. Any thoughts. Mike

:headbang:

385886[/snapback]

I friend of mine has a set of shocks off a sled on his banshee. I don't know what kind they are but he really likes them. The ones he has are not adjustable so he just bolted them on and they seem to work. At least they work better than stock and he already had the shocks so it didn't cost him anything.

i was actualy thinking of going with some king shocks but after i got the price from king i decided to go with elka..the kings would be nice after all they are for a buggy or truck..

• 2 weeks later...

you never seen limitng straps? oh boy

they are heavy webbed straps that bolt to the shock mounts. they pretty much are a link between the upper and lower shock mounts, and work in the exact opposite fashion as a bumpstop. they simply keep the susp assembly from over extending and tearing the coilover or bypass to pieces.

the desert guys sometimes need them but they dont have the huge unsprung weight like a monster truck's rockwell axles. so to save the shocks from slamming the piston into the seal surface you order or fab a strap that's total length is roughly an inch shorter than the measure travel.

so if youre cycling some roll design LT with 13.5 inches on your desert shee and wanna save your elkas, order a 12.5 inch strap. since the strap draws tight and actually stretches a little bit, they absorb all the force and damp the rebound blow so that the shcok feels nothing.

that make sense? im tryin to stuff a shitload of info in there but not wrote a novel

you never seen limitng straps? oh boy

they are heavy webbed straps that bolt to the shock mounts.    they pretty much are a link between the upper and lower shock mounts, and work in the exact opposite fashion as a bumpstop.  they simply keep the susp assembly from over extending and tearing the coilover or bypass to pieces. 

the desert guys sometimes need them but they dont have the huge unsprung weight like a monster truck's rockwell axles.  so to save the shocks from slamming the piston into the seal surface you order or fab a strap that's total length is roughly an inch shorter than the measure travel. 

so if youre cycling some roll design LT with 13.5 inches on your desert shee and wanna save your elkas, order a 12.5 inch strap.  since the strap draws tight and actually stretches a little bit, they absorb all the force and damp the rebound blow so that the shcok feels nothing.

that make sense?  im tryin to stuff a shitload of info in there but not wrote a novel

391416[/snapback]

Yea that makes very clear sense.

And thats sorta what I pictured em too do.

Iv heard of guys drag racing streetbikes and using tie-downs to compress thier front forks, sorta like a limiting strap but the oposite. know what im sayin :wacko: Its late :):P