35 airstryker starting point advice

I just got trinitys dual 35 pwk kit and was wondering for a 4900 elevation where i might want to start my jets at, my mods are a fairly aggressively ported drag motor, .50 over, trinity head and pipes, plus 5 timing, vforce 3's, advanced timing etc, I have been doing alot of reading on these carbs but am on a completely fresh motor and dont want any mistakes, thanks for any opinions

4900 feet above sea level?? is that right? if you wanna be really safe try a 165 main and a 48 pilot and see how it runs. im assuming since you are so high in elevation you have less air and will need less fuel. those specs above are rich even for what we run at 1000 feet above sea level so you should be more than ok. try and see what happens.

yup im in utah and my elevation is around 4900, my kit should be here today and i need it dailed in for next weekend, im not sure if the kit comes with a needle assortment, it supposedly does, but 162 and 130-140 is a big difference in a starting point, are the keihins opposite the mikunis in the richer or leaner for the needles? is a 140 leaner then a 162?

• 2 weeks later...

OK I started with the 160 main, the needles that came in it and the 55 pilots and it wouldnt even start, I dropped to a 140 main with the 52 pilot since that was the leanest i had and left the needle alone, it then ran but was slightly lean, i eventually worked it to a 150 main with that 52 pilot and it runs awesome but i think the bottome end is rich, the 52 pilot on a 150 main seems really rich and the needle im not even sure if i should change, anyone have a suggestion as to what pilot is should start with next and then figure out my needle?

try a 48 pilot. does your bike start without the chock.

as for a needle i would suggest a CEK needle.

my rough guess will be for your jetting

48 pilot, cek needle in the 4th, 140 main or lower