Where to buy 421cheetah block

I'm interested in going with a larger motor and it looks like I'm going with a 421.All I need is the block,head,gaskets and pistons.I don't need all the other stuff Trinity has in their package.I plan on running the motor with a pair of rockets and may have it ported.The head will be Noss Machine if Dave has one for that size motor.

buy from anyone but trinity. i would go with the cubs if i were you. they run hard. go to planet sand and look at all their sponsors. any of them can build a cub setup for you..

380493[/snapback]

I couldn't have said that any better.

Cheetahs take a special size head, but I think someone has started making one for it.

Would that be, "are headless dune Cubs trail friendly?"

The cubs are a cheap alternative if you don't need bottom end. They are a great drag motor, real good dune motor, and some can attest to the fact they are a good hill climb motor too :notworthy:

But if powervalves are what you are looking for, the Cheetahs are they way to go.

If the difference between Cubs and Cheetahs is the same as Banshee and RZ jugs, they are almost night and day under about 6000rpm. From there up, they are pretty much the same.

Would that be, "are headless dune Cubs trail friendly?"

The cubs are a cheap alternative if you don't need bottom end.  They are a great drag motor, real good dune motor, and some can attest to the fact they are a good hill climb motor too :notworthy:

But if powervalves are what you are looking for, the Cheetahs are they way to go.

If the difference between Cubs and Cheetahs is the same as Banshee and RZ jugs, they are almost night and day under about 6000rpm.  From there up, they are pretty much the same.

380524[/snapback]

no way man, cubs most certainly can have bottom end!! you must have missed the 10 page post about it :lol: they are sick for hillclimbing. just better know when to use the clutch if you have to back off the throttle...i bet the cost difference between cubs/cheetahs doesnt reflect in the banshee/rz cylinders...arent PV cheetahs like 2000 bucks??

no way man, cubs most certainly can have bottom end!! you must have missed the 10 page post about it :lol: they are sick for hillclimbing. just better know when to use the clutch if you have to back off the throttle...i bet the cost difference between cubs/cheetahs doesnt reflect in the banshee/rz cylinders...arent PV cheetahs like 2000 bucks??

380553[/snapback]

Yeah, they are $2000, but if I'm not mistaken, that come with the top end, head, pistons and reeds. What I meant by bottom end, is pretty much from idle on up

to around 5000. All I know about the Cubs is what I read on here and other sites, no hands on knowledge.

I must have read something wrong, because most of what I have read about no bottom end is from you.

ive rode mine in the trails and i didnt like it. that was with 15/41 gearing and 20 inch tires. there was nothing on bottom. even pipes owuldnt give me enough on the bottom to make them what id want out of a trail bike. its still alot more cost effective to just have a woods port done if thats all you are wanting to do with it. and i have tons of experience riding woods ported bikes and i have a lot of seat time on my cub setup. for the trails i would get a trail port and for dragging id go with cubs...

i want as much bottom end as i can get and im sure that your cub motor doesnt have the rpm range that i and most people would be looking for in a good trail motor.

agree a wide powerband is good. i just dont think one that comes on at 6000 is good for trails riding. i rode that cub motor in my trails and it was not very friendly. i rode my brothers woods ported bike a lot in the trails and it was very very easy to ride. power came on down low at about 4000 and pulled on up to 9000. that was a super easy and fun bike to ride in the trails, the cub motor wasnt.

I'm not trying to start an arguement over this, there are plenty here that argue everything that can take up my slack. I'm just saying that I obviously implied the wrong message from this.

I stand corrected, Cubs obviously have great bottom end with no PVs and that kind of exhaust duration. Excuse my ignorance.

haha no i was just kididng. mine dont have any bottom end. you didnt read wrong. it was just funny cuz in that post there were a few guys saying that you could get bottom end out of them..i was being sarcastic when i said this...

no way man, cubs most certainly can have bottom end!!

haha no i was just kididng. mine dont have any bottom end. you didnt read wrong. it was just funny cuz in that post there were a few guys saying that you could get bottom end out of them..i was being sarcastic when i said this...

380590[/snapback]

My bad, sarcasm sometimes gets lost on the internet. I'm an idiot.

The motor will be used for hillclimb comp,and hillclimb rec. This thing has to have killer bottom end with hp in the 85+ range. This new motor is important to me.

Why is the 421 cheetah not recommended more than the cubs? I rode a ported 400 that gave me a real jolt and now i want to buy. If i go any larger than 421 the AMA will give me some shit at the nationals.

Sucks when I'm not visiting the BHQ as often as i should.I miss out on alot of good info.Well......I'm back!

So far no body has actually answered your question... if Cheetah power valves are what you want they all come from Trinity. There are other places to get them but they just buy them from trinity first. I got mine from K&T Performance and I love them!!!!! The Power valves are awesome... well worth the money and when you compare them to cubs they really aren't that much more since you get the whole top end. Pistons, V- Force reeds, intakes,and head, and the new cheetah heads have interchangable domes so they are a lot better than the old ones also.

I would recommend K&T for sure if you want to pick some up. Check out my post in the product review section.

:headbang:

The motor will be used for hillclimb comp,and hillclimb rec. This thing has to have killer bottom end with hp in the 85+ range. This new motor is important to me.

Why is the 421 cheetah not recommended more than the cubs? I rode a ported 400 that gave me a real jolt and now i want to buy. If i go any larger than 421 the AMA will give me some shit at the nationals.

Sucks when I'm not visiting the BHQ as often as i should.I miss out on alot of good info.Well......I'm back!

380647[/snapback]

i also run hillclimbs and i run the 421 cubs. mine dont have any bottom end but thats not anything i cant fix with a little clutch work. im positive mine makes at least 90hp. it flat out hauls. check out the video section for some hillclimbs ive run this year. and by the way how are you gonna run a 421 and be ama legal? isnt the rule that you cant be more then 2mm stroke or 80 overbore? wont the 421 be too big for this limit?? i might not be right on this but when i went to minnesotal ast year i got an ama rule book and i swear thats what it said. you goin to nationals this year? i kinda wanted to go but its not even an invitational. any pud ass hillclimber can go. id hate to get out there and have to run against of slowpokes :lol: