Reed Spacers

spurdy

I have done a search on reed spacers and read everything on the forum. I'm using them for clearance purposes only with 35mm carbs. What difference is there in the position??? i.e. between reed and cylinder and between reed and carb. I have heard one for more top end and the other for bottom end. Does it make a difference? DOES ANYONE HAVE 1ST HAND EXPERIENCE??? I've been running them between reed and carb, what do you think? :confused:

Ive heard theories the same as you have, but I honestly dont think there will ever be a noticeable difference. No, I havent ever run reed spacers so I guess I shouldnt be replying to this.. Just my thoughts.  :shrugani:

380307[/snapback]

Thanks, any other takers? :unsure:

Thanks, any other takers? :unsure:

380347[/snapback]

If you put the reed spacers between the reeds and the cylinder it will move the powerband more towards the lowend. If you put them between the carb and the reeds it will move it more towards the topend. My 2 cents from experience. Hope it helps.

If you put the reed spacers between the reeds and the cylinder it will move the  powerband more towards the lowend. If you put them between the carb and the reeds it will move it more towards the topend. My 2 cents from experience. Hope it helps.

380352[/snapback]

Other way around, with the spacer between the jug and the reed increases plenum volume, effectivly raising your powerband, also if you have them befor the reed you interupt flow since the reed opening is smaller then the spacer ID.

I personally run a 1/2'' spacer @ the jug since a 2stroke twin loves to rev!, just gear accordingly.