Please say I don't have to split my case.

SHEE is back in action.

I don't know exactly what it was, but it's running great. That new clutch is awesome.

Thank God i didn't have to break that case.

It does seem a little dumpy going into 1st gear and very hard to find neutral now when it's running.

I know ive seen some posts in my journeys through this web site in regard to those symptoms. Time to start reading up some more

All-in-all Shee is running great and i'm thrilled.

Thank you all.

:cheers:

Just a FYI, the eccentric screw is on the shift shaft. Not the shift star. Lok inbetween the shift star and the point at which the shift shaft comes through the case. In between those two, is the adjuster screw. It came on all year bikes....

• 10 months later...

I'm back at it again fixing my banshee up for the new season. I have to replace my rear bearings. I cannot loosen the to big axle nuts. Could someone please tell me which way I have to spin them to loosen them. I tried both ways and no avail. I've been trying to go counterclockwise. Is that correct?

Edited by Pocket Darts

I'm back at it again fixing my banshee up for the new season.  I have to replace my rear bearings.  I cannot loosen the to big axle nuts.  Could someone please tell me which way I have to spin them to loosen them.  I tried both ways and no avail.  I've been trying to go counterclockwise. Is that correct?

505334[/snapback]

Yessir, counterclockwise to loosen. Take some kind of 50mm wrench, put it on

the outer nut and tap it with a BFH. The first time you do this is always a pain

in the arse. I think yamaha torques those nuts :rotflmao: down to 170 ft/lbs

with thread locker.

Yessir, counterclockwise to loosen. Take some kind of 50mm wrench, put it on

the outer nut and tap it with a BFH. The first time you do this is always a pain

in the arse. I think yamaha torques those nuts  :rotflmao:  down to 170 ft/lbs

with thread locker.

505596[/snapback]

Losen those nuts off all the way (counter clockwise) before you take the wheels and tires off. I used a big fucking pipe wrench and put a two foot pipe over the handle to get more leverage on them. When you put them back on put alot of lock tight on both axle lock nuts .

http://www.bluetraxx.com/ go there and then to tech tips, then look under rear axle bearing replacement for a guide. Also, use your clymers manuel.

Just a FYI, the eccentric screw is on the shift shaft.  Not the shift star.  Lok inbetween the shift star and the point at which the shift shaft comes through the case.  In between those two, is the adjuster screw.  It came on all year bikes....

373970[/snapback]

You are correct this week my screw that goes into the case that holds the shift shaft broke in half :confused: