A-Arm Ball Joints

sj820

Does anyone know where I can get replacement ball joints for aftermarket banshee a-arms for cheap? I seem to remember Volkswagen ball joints will work but I am not sure what size they are! Thx!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where I can get replacement ball joints for aftermarket banshee a-arms for cheap? I seem to remember Volkswagen ball joints will work but I am not sure what size they are! Thx!!!

368068[/snapback]

Volkswagen Ball joints?!?! Really?!?! It just so happens I'll be replacing the ball joints on my VW pretty soon, so I'll have to see if they fit... (for future reference). :D Anybody ever done that?! (Why would you want to use VW ones anyway?)

O' Rileys (sp?) I have sceen them work on a set of banshee a-arm's I just don't know about stock because they were some homemade ones. They were off of 70's chevy truck if I remember right. Ask Proquad101. Also I might have a few laying around. Each side has a reverse thread joint so specify which one.

Edited by John19

This is on aftermarket swing arms! Not stock ones! Genreally good aftermarket swing arms come with larger ball joints than what the stock Banshee spindles are drilled for. I purchased a set of A-Arms a year ago and I had to have the stock spindles reamed with a 1/2-3/4 inch tapered reamer. Unfortunately finding replacement ball joints for these A-Arms can be time consuming! The ball joints that come on most popular aftermarket arms have a 16mm shaft that threads into the end of both the upper and lower a-arm. The ball joints I have on my arms have a 14mm shaft I believe. I think there was a VW Transporter or some peice of crap that used these ball joints and I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly what vehicle this was. It does not matter anymore beause I found the ball joints that I needed! Izzy at Burgards in PA sells these ball joints so I know where to get them now. Unfortunately if I knew what VW vehicle they came off of I could get them for like $5 bucks apiece instead of $25 apiece! Bullshit!!!! These are just peice of shit ball joints but these ATV part distributors rob the crap out of the riders for profit! There is no reason why each ball joint costs $25 apiece! One more thing that has pissed me off this past week! I am only 25 and I am preparing myself for the big one(heart attack) already!!!!! banghead About ready to start the revolution over here!!! :shootself: